Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PsoPC vs BB

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    BB is good as well but my main problem is the private server everyone plays. Bad decisions everywhere there. >_>
    Like what? It's actually not all that bad.

There have even been some improvements made over the game, such as the additional account-wide bank, and unlocking of some previously-locked boss drops that were unattainable on the official servers before they went down.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I think he means how the staff is running things atm, there's a LOT of discontent with the admins right now to where 2 GMs have resigned and couple people getting ridiculous bans.

Thats the server sided problems, you do not make the rules, the server does, including when you can play.

In PSOPC, you can assign different Japanese font files to show English and Japanese.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

PSOPC has more difficulty than BB. If I remember correctly enemies have more HP etc.
    Also some visual effects and weapon models between PSOPC and BB are notably different. The animation for Shifta/Deband, the model for DB's Saber, The ghosts that fly around in the Dark Falz boss that are not in future versions. Also PSOPC is episode 1 only plus VR temple and spaceship battle areas.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

If you absolutely insist on playing PSO, there is quite literally no excuse to play anything other than PSOBB. You would have to be clinically insane to do so.

Perhaps people prefer to play some other form of PSO. Some prefer DC or GC to BB and PC. They are not clinically insane.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    Perhaps people prefer to play some other form of PSO. Some prefer DC or GC to BB and PC. They are not clinically insane.
    I agree. I recently downloaded BB (again) and I will probably tool around with it a bit, but I already have a 166 RAmarl on GC and a 134 HUnewearl on GC. The nice thing about GC is that your characters are on your memory card AND it has a sweet multiplayer mode (so easy to trade between your own characters) AND you never have to worry about server outages (or server shutdown). You just play whenever you want, on your HDTV I might add.

I personally think GC PSO+ is the overall superior one player version and BB is the superior online version.

Quote Originally Posted by FoCaster View Post
    Version 2 is definitely unique in that it has ridiculous drop rates. =p
    and insane EXP requirements to level up. i'm glad they adjusted it for GC/BB (BB is the best by the way)

Haha, yeah, V2 was unique, that's for sure.

That said, go with the PSO+ version if you don't want online play. As for online, BB is the way to go, if only because it's the latest version; it has more items, more dungeons, more ennemies, etc.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr