Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast

Default Kyrith's second RP, name as of yet unknown

obviously OOC: seeing as Dark System is beginning to draw to its end, I have another story-line oriented RP ready to begin. with no name as of yet, i give you *drum roll* the basic plot description in diary form, keep in mind, i want the reasoning behind most of this a mystery so, expect the back story to be explained as we go.

The world is in chaos, or rather... was in chaos. There's not enough of us alive anymore for there to be chaos save for when our colonies are found and snuffed out one by one by those sadistic beasts. It's not looking good for the human race, and the saddest part is, when I die here, I won't even know the reason why myself and so many others had to face this horrible catastrophe. They show up one day and begin their slaughter. There's no reason behind this massacre that I can see, and I'll never know it if there is, I certainly hope someone reads this, at least it proves that i existed.... at least i know the year to sign this with, its practically my last grasp to the humanity that was here before me.

2087, I'm assuming it's winter, that's when snow falls right?

OOC: what did you think of my diary entry thingy there?

He looked around and surveyed what was probably about 70 years ago a thriving city, but what was now emptiness... everywhere. "well, looks like nothings coming, my scouting shift is over now anyway" he walked back to the empty apartment complex he and a few others lived in and told them the same boring news that they gave everyday. The rest of them always seemed so scared of what might be out there, but he had no fear, he had no reason to fear anything, he had never seen one of the monsters before and therefore had never known the fear they ensued.

OOC: can at least a few of you be the other people in this building that I'm in? its better if we start together at least a few of us. and another comment, keep in mind that this has no relation to PS games and don't bring in points that are important to other video games but not most things, Seth, it was fine to tie in KH to Dark System, but for this let's keep away from that kind of thing.

EDIT: we can start now, but please read these question answer things first and ask more questions if you have them.
    Last edited by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso; Sep 26, 2010 at 01:58 PM.

Couple of things before I jump in. What planet is this based on? What's the current level of technology? Has it continued to develope, stalled or recessed to a more primitive form. I'd hate to introduce a character for example carrying a laser gun when they either didn't exist or no longer exist. Also do we get to know what these beasts look like or is that for later in the RP, also are they intellegent or just animal like?

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

OOC: Diary entry bit is ok, since diaries are usually just thoughts. City description, it's 70 years and empty, that's pretty damn vague. Could use a crap ton more interesting details, especially for an opener that is starting the setting.

It's 70 years in the future and we have beasts running around, though apparently this starter guy hasn't seen 'em. So do we assume the city is just in standstill, mostly untouched, with maybe weed and vine plant life starting to over run? Or is most of it destroyed and in rubble? Is it an industrial mass of rusted and dilapidated factories with half their windows broken out like rotting teeth, or an eerily disturbing art district with empty parks, museums, and lost history? Etc. You know, just some good details, even if not super relevant to actions that take place.

Also the stuff Freeze asked would be nice to know to.
    Last edited by Sord; Sep 16, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

OOC: ok, ill try to answer stuff,
    the cities are not too broken down, there is rubble and decay, but there are vines and such growing over the buildings.

The technology of the time was mostly modern and stopped advancing when the "event" occurred 70 or so years ago. We still have technology of the modern age, but not that much, so we can have guns and stuff but there isn't much ammo around so most of the close range weapons such as metal pipes and logs and that kind of improv weapon, and the occasional sword.

And about the things being animal-like, the monsters (they also are with the humanoid things) are animal like because there pretty much just animals. The humanoid ones are a bit more of a mystery though, ill explain later. The humanoid beasts look somewhat zombie like (grey skin, large eyes etc etc) but aren't decayed like zombies, the monster-like animals are generally vainy and are fourlegged for the most part and are primarily about 3 ft tall

The planets not based on much, just a world but it's not very big compared to Earth.

i hope this helped a bit, ask more questions, i know this didnt answer even close to everything you want to know, so ask away, i want you to be informed.

All OOC again.

This might sound kinda reviewish but I just want to make sure I have things straight. It's 2087, but the actual "event" that started the downfall occurred about 70 years ago, meaning the tech development would stop back around 2017. I assume this setting has a developmental timeline similar to our own, as in our expected tech in 2017 is pretty much the same as the people's would be in the story during 2017.

So 70 years later, after this major city emptying catastrophe it would be safe to assume major electrical and water plants are no longer running. So there's pretty much going to be no easily ran electronics unless we salvage some batteries, which are probably rare in themselves because most have probably been looted from stores and warehouses now, and any left open to the elements would be long corroded by now. There are no major communication networks, all the businesses operating satellite networks and probably even radio towers are shut down. The best you could probably hope for is to come across some walkie-talkies and batteries. All this means that any resources like clean water, power sources like remaining batteries, food (whether raided from remaining buildings or actually grown,) and medical equipment would be highly prized and protected.

Since this is seventy years later, we're probably at the very least two generations away from back when things were "civilized." Though most I would think probably 3-4 or so is more likely and the 5th generation is currently being born. I base this on the idea that most people seem to have their first kids around their 20s. Only older folk would really be from that 2nd generation (born twenty years post-calamity, 2037ish) assuming anyone born in that period is alive as obviously our health care is out the fucking window with hospitals deserted and I would assume most medical supplies raided.

Since we're so many generations down the line, it can also be assumed most people probably don't know how to read unless their parents taught them. This also means few people would be able to learn the history of what happened even if they came across a book or newspaper covering it. This also means most people are probably ignorant of what advanced tech can do or how to use, repair, or fix it because stuff like manuals, assuming they could be found, would not be able to be read and unless people were taught by their parents how to use it are probably ignorant of it, or the manuals are the "stupid proof," type with pictures. Basically, our tech is probably limited to the strictly mechanical at this point, unless the people in our groups happen to be readers.

Am I correct in my assertions thus far or are there differences.
    Last edited by Sord; Sep 16, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

that's pretty much right, but an okay amount of people still were taught basic reading as childen throughout this time, but maybe only about 40 percent or so.

Rorick (roar-ick) nodded as he listened to the younger man's report. Nothing had been spotted, and no news was good news in these times. Still, Rorick was unsettled by the young man's apparent lack of enthusiasm in his job. The boy had been blessed with ignorance thus far in his life, for he had not witnessed the horrible atrocities that awaited mankind outside the camp's range.

Rorick was not so lucky, he was an older member of this group, and he showed it. His beard and mustache were quite lengthy, growing into one another. Flecked with speckles of grey in the deep black, like soft stars in the night. Wrinkles were beginning to etch themselves onto his face, and his eyes seemed to be sunk in with weariness. Rorick had not been born into this group. He was initially from the farmlands further south, and in his younger years had fled to the fabled cities that the people of his old settlement talked about. Towers and skyscrapers stretching to the sky, packed with tools, weapons, and tech that could survive the ages. But no one ever ventured out, it was dangerous. Those things out there could get you, kill you, probably eat you, or whatever sick things they might do with your corpse. Rorick didn't like thinking about it.

When he was young and brash he had decided to seek out the city to the North. Everyone told him not to, it was to dangerous, he'd never make it, the beasts would get him. Rorick didn't listen, he was young, invincible, prideful, stupid. Surely he'd make it! Lord, he wished he had listened to his elders. He managed to make it the the city, barely. He was found heavily wounded and nearly bleeding to death when a troupe of city dwellers came upon him. They used what little medical supplies they had to keep him alive, and nursed him back to health. For this he was eternally grateful, and when his dreams of the city were shattered, finding them empty and raided bare many years ago, he decided to stick with the city dwellers and aid them as best he could in return for their kindness. Being a rural farm boy by nature, Rorick had taken over the farm duties, managing a small plot of land that was once a park. Upon this he grew some of the group's fresher food, and boiled the water from the lake to make it clean and safe to drink.
    Last edited by Sord; Sep 16, 2010 at 05:14 PM.

OOC: awesome character intro, Sord.

OOC2: i can't think of a name, when i do ill start using it, that's why ill be using pronouns a lot for now, so bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    OOC: awesome character intro, Sord.

OOC2: i can't think of a name, when i do ill start using it, that's why ill be using pronouns a lot for now, so bear with me.
    OCC: ok, just give us some sort of description or something with your next story related post for now (if you have a description anyways,) maybe my character and others could give him a nick name to use for now based off of it. Or even pm someone a description, and have it told from another character's perspective if you wanted to do that. Would enable you to break stuff up that way to, rather than having your character's entire description written out like a police report, spread it out between your own posts and other characters perceiving your character.

Edit: Unless you want to send me an outline or notes or something, I'll pretty much be letting your character sort of lead the story, since you're the only one that knows where you want this to go. I dunno if your guy wants to go runnin off adventuring, or if you're gonna have our group ambushed and force us to move on to a different locale or what, but for major plot stuff like that I'll be waiting on you to post about it. I won't be the one calling any major plot shifts unless you ask me to.
    Last edited by Sord; Sep 16, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

(thoughts of one of the elders living with us): "He's but a boy now, being only 25 years in age. I don't know why, but I can tell that this boy with the yellow browned hair will be of great importance in events to come, i guess I really don't, but he's one of the few young ones left around here. He's truly average though, average height weight *chuckles to self* well average as far as half starved people go. He's strong, emotionally and physically, but he is still innocent, he hasn't seen the horrors. I'm afraid I probably won't be there when he does either, oh how I love you Yestal, the closest thing I ever had to a boy of my own."

OOC: i thot of a name pretty quickly, Yestal is his name.

Yestal walked over to the elder and sat down by his side: "how's it going campside? you keepin your strength up?"

Elder: "only as much strength as an old man could have" *they both chuckled*'
    Yestal: "good to hear it, now do we have anything we gotta do today? at all... ever?"
    Elder: "you should be happy to hear no, if we did that would be bad news"