Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HUcast Lv.100 View Post
    Dude. Thats Gold Right There. Now Bring Back Two Handed Mechguns.
    Lol, thank you!

And I'd kinda like to see twin mechguns as well, so long as they're not too overpowered/exploitable.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    So you are saying PSO2 should be kind of like Fallout 3 meets Oblivion meets PSO?
    Well, I think an optional control scheme similar to Oblivion or a modern FPS shooter would be a cool addition. Players could still be able to control their character in a 3rd-person view just like all the other games if they still wanted to. One of the things I liked about PSU was the fact that players could go into a first-person view with certain ranged weapons for a more three-dimensional range of aiming, and I just feel that should be expanded upon. I don't think most PSO fans would want PSO2 to be too much like Bethesda's games, but I may wrong, lol. I would like to see expansive worlds on the same scale though, with all sorts of dungeons or other areas to explore.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Well, I think an optional control scheme similar to Oblivion or a modern FPS shooter would be a cool addition.
    I disagree. PSO doesn't need to be a shooter. Maybe a better aiming mechanic, like over the shoulder, but it doesn't need to control like a "modern FPS". You should try Borderlands if you want to play a game like that, but PSO really doesn't need to fall into the endless mass of games becoming nothing but shooters.
    Last edited by Malachite; Sep 24, 2010 at 09:40 PM.

Well, I'd like the control set-up optionality of Maple Story. Nearly all possible actions can be assigned their own button on the keyboard, and a player can choose where they want to assign them while in game.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
    Well, I'd like the control set-up optionality of Maple Story. Nearly all possible actions can be assigned their own button on the keyboard, and a player can choose where they want to assign them while in game.
    Maple Story is terrible and you should feel terrible.

That being said, that's not a terribly good idea. That's probably more of a waste than anything, not to mention downright silly. Having set controls is better, that way people don't have to ask how to move, and some asshole has his set to hjbn movement. Or do whatever else. The customizing that was in Blue Burst was honestly the same, but that's a terrible comparison since I'm only supporting your view. In terms of consoles, the same customizing they had for PSO would be great.

Talking

....get outta town.............

PSO2?

Excuse me for a moment as I try to contain myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    I disagree. PSO doesn't need to be a shooter. Maybe a better aiming mechanic, like over the shoulder, but it doesn't need to control like a "modern FPS". You should try Borderlands if you want to play a game like that, but PSO really doesn't need to fall into the endless mass of games becoming nothing but shooters.
    Lol, that's why I said it could be an optional thing. Games can control in a first-person view without having to be entirely a shooter... take something like Mirror's Edge, which took this idea in an entirely new direction. Who's to say you can't use a similar setup to dance around and beat the crap out of enemies with a pair of daggers, or go around throwing Megid balls to hit groups of airborne enemies, which was impossible to do in PSU? I can't think of many other games that do stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
    If PSO2 is released for PC, I expect this will pretty much be a given - having customizable keyboard controls and possibly macros, which would be ideal for techers that want to use multiple spells without having to constantly link spells to a single weapon, etc.

The problem I see with a first-person view with PSO is that a lot of PSO's moves (mind wandering to Twin Swords and Doublesabers) can often be elaborate and have your character looking so many directions. Also going off of this, with such elaborate moves, it would take from the "art" of those moves (for those who enjoy the different styles of moves and such). Granted, with guns this is less important as it is mainly point gun, shoot gun. But still.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    The problem I see with a first-person view with PSO is that a lot of PSO's moves (mind wandering to Twin Swords and Doublesabers) can often be elaborate and have your character looking so many directions. Also going off of this, with such elaborate moves, it would take from the "art" of those moves (for those who enjoy the different styles of moves and such). Granted, with guns this is less important as it is mainly point gun, shoot gun. But still.
    True, I could see that proving problematic and disorienting for some people. I guess for moves like Tornado Dance (if they even implement it again), they could always take the easy way out and maintain the same viewpoint throughout the move, or cut between 1st- and 3rd-person views sort of like how Metroid Prime did in certain situations, although that would be kinda jarring if PA's were spammed a lot... I still think it would work for most non-PA moves though, especially for gunners and some techer moves. For something like Noszonde, it could switch to a viewpoint that follows the projectile if you wanted, sort of like a "guided missle cam" so players could see where it was going better. Just throwing random ideas out here; I just think it'd be cool to implement something like that.

One minor inclusion I think I'd like is having a varity of things your char can do while sitting down. All you can do in PSP2 is change from position A to position B. I'd like do be able to actually have my charcter perform some of the actions while sitting down. e.g. wave, talk, etc.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

If you wanted tornado dance in first person, you could just barrel roll endlessly in StarFox64 in first person view.