Page 35 of 178 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135 ... LastLast

What's wrong with having taking a 'wow clone' stance on things? Obviously it worked for them. PSO really only has one point that makes them stand out over other ORPG's and that's the extensive character customization. Section IDs, tons of physical properties can be altered, precise coloring of hair, etc. PSU improved on this by a lot with clothes and more options, I'm hoping PSO2 will do the same.

Also to the server issue, hate it all your want. It's a server issue, not a game issue. But they could definitely upgrade their servers for bigger capacity yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizeru View Post
    What's wrong with having taking a 'wow clone' stance on things? Obviously it worked for them.
    WoW makes me come down with extreme fits of narcolepsy, and if I wanted to play WoW, I would.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

to rizeru: i agree, on the server issue being a server issue. that's not really a game development thing they can do.. its pretty much based on the hardware, and working 'with' the system.

but to say that a open world 'worked for them', yea, it sure did, but you really want to see this beloved franchise turn into that? i can name literately off the top of my head a dozen open world free mmorpgs that take the wow formula and cash shop idea.. would you want to just lump PSO2 in with the mass majority of shittyly made rpgs? i mean if that's what the majority of pso players want, then i sure do hope they go that route to cater to the masses.. it just seems blasphemous of sega to turn a great social orpg into just another mmorpg w/ cash shop.. what would be the point. =/

something about turning pso into a standard issue mmorpg with a space theme just doesn't seem right. id vomit if that happens.

i played wow.. sadly, i did.. bought it when it first came out, was one of the first day subscribers.. quit after a year.. it just was lame. and i cant say that i know one decent wow player to date. (ex: my neighbor plays wow religiously, been on unemployment for over a year, the only time i see him is when he opens the door for pizza delivery or coming back with mcdonalds... the dude sleeps all day to go raiding at night with his clan or whatever) that's exactly the type of person i DON'T want in the phantasy star world. it just isnt right.. i think i just have a close attachment to the original, its been with me for so many years, i feel like its connected to my growing up and the idea of turning it into a open world mmorpg will turn me away forever..

im sure your saying "well good, this guy means nothing anyway" your probably right, one voice is obviously not going to change anyone's opinion. but this my friend is my opinion, and everyone has a right to put their mind down on paper (in this case forums)

i sincerely hope they take cue's from the original pso and make a true sequel.. not some western mmorpg sinkhole of a game. just this humble pso fans opinion..

(ps to rizeru, and others: nothing here is directed personally, its directed at the concept of open world mmorpg and pso being pushed together, it just rubs me the wrong way, obviously. so please take no personal offense to my post.. unless your as fat and lazy as my neighbor.. in that case get a damn job and exercise dammit!!!)
    bought pso v1 before i ever had a dreamcast. you know how it is, love at first sight =)

rabarta love.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...21&postcount=1

I'm not fat or unemployed, but I do raid day and night with my 'clan'. But I'm not offended, it's your opinion and I won't judge you for thinking like that. I never said that PSO should go the WoW way with an open world, because I think it's contradictory to the franchise so far. It wouldn't work and I doubt it would be accepted, but there is room for improvement in the current system which I think isn't really optimal. 6 players tops just doesn't feel very 'immersive'. And I agree that lobbies are usually the place where you feel immersed in the game, but I'd like to be immersed throughout quests as well. I'm not sure how they would make that work though, I'm just stating my wishes.

I don't understand. How is 6 not "immersive"?

It's a BIG world out there. If the world population were a mere 5,000 chances are very high they'd be small parties or tribes and they are likely to never, ever see one another. Ever.

Realistically, the instancing is MORE immersive than the "everything is crowded and likes to stand within 5m of another critter" of WoW and the likes.

On party size, I'd like missions for different party sizes. Some for the traditional 4 man group, some for groups of 8-12, even some for 30+ man parties. This is just a general idea, but what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    On party size, I'd like missions for different party sizes. Some for the traditional 4 man group, some for groups of 8-12, even some for 30+ man parties. This is just a general idea, but what do you think?
    For all that I do agree with you on some matters, on this one, I think "thirty-player clusterfuck."
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

I can imagin a party of 10 but higher then that.. nah

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

PSU can hardly keep up with 6 people without slowdown. More than 10 would be a disaster. especially if they where all force.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Totally not a Flowen fan. Msr. Bojangles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAXrobo View Post
    PSU can hardly keep up with 6 people without slowdown. More than 10 would be a disaster. especially if they where all force.

Holy Gi/Ra/Damu/Nos-Foie/Barta/Zonde/Megid/Grants/Diga spam, Batman!

On topic, I think PSO2 would benefit from taking some of the best of the current systems we have, like so many others do. Save for voices. They can get rid of the voices. And I'd like the job types to be fixed again. What's the point of alts if you can just play one character and be it all? :P

Some mission variety would also go a long way. More vehicle-based missions? Yes please. Perhaps more mini-games, which could open up new event variety. Oh, and no more item synths. Seriously annoying when I have to not only get a rare synthesis board that drops at 2% or is sold for 30 mil meseta, but also the 15 or so rare materials that drop at a similiar rate and sell for 4 mil apiece.

Also, more enemy part weapons. Because I love them to death.