Page 34 of 178 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484134 ... LastLast

This bought a big smile to my face when I saw it, and hopefully will make me forget about my first PSO corruption on my characters a few months ago and I was playing since 05 or 06

Well that was off topic, but back to my point

Hopefully PSO2 won't be that far different in timeline wise, and all I desire is ALMOST everything to be the same except:

Fix out bugs and corruption (obviously)
    More character choices
    More customization
    More weapons, armour etc
    Little more plot
    A guidance system (to know where to go, which is a common problem amoung most PS games)
    No stuff that is mentioned but isn't ever going to be released without hacking
    lots more rare enemies
    Different attack animations for certain weapons

That's about it.

EDIT: Oh yes, a pause button?
    Last edited by Keyblade59; Oct 27, 2010 at 04:04 PM.
    PSZ characters:
    Frost: RAcast, lv1
    Soul: FOnewm, lv40
    Socks: HUnewm, lv1
    FC: 4726 8115 1533

For it to be ported on a console. 360 would be best due to the online community.
    Keep every weapon from PSO. MAGS as well. Add new ones of course. :P
    Even higher level cap. (Unlikely but cool, right) Level up at the same rate to ensure replay value.
    Allow HUmarl and HUnewm to be playable.
    For it to be AT LEAST as good as PSO.

Thank you SEGA for bringing PSO back to life.
    "Seekers of light, believe not in forever, believe not in truth, for they are empty and inconstant as are all things."

Radori Nighthawk: 180 H M AT/AF (All types 20)
    Saligun: 80 F C FM (Atm)

Manually block with Shields
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade59 View Post
    EDIT: Oh yes, a pause button?
    A pause button. In an online game. Think about that for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    A pause button. In an online game. Think about that for a minute.
    It's worth noting that Starcraft was pausable. I would say that at the very least you should be able to pause when you're in a solo game (assuming the inclusion of "One Person" mode a la PSOBB; I am admittedly fond of it) or playing in offline mode (assuming that PSO2 has an offline mode), or possibly in the sense of party leaders being able to decide whether a game they create will or will not allow for pausing (this parameter should be one of the ones displayed on the list of available parties).
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

The first time my got game got paused in Starcraft II, I got extremely pissed. I doubt it will work, and I wouldn't like to see it.
    Last edited by Mitz; Oct 28, 2010 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldermar View Post
    Maybe a message that would say, "Oh look, [HUNTER]! There's a special quest that was submitted to the Hunter's Guild! This is a once-of-a-life-time quest so you better give it all you got!"

That would be certainly interesting but I'm guessing this is only for Online playing.
    "Greetings, Hunter! There are new quests available at the Pioneer 2 Hunter's Guild!"
    Spoiler!

Though I'd say it's largely unnecessary for how PSO actually is, the design for how quests are unlocked might be different in PSO2.

I think it'd be pretty interesting if there were a ton of quests you could actually undertake, but you had to unlock access to them through some means. For example, if you were to fell a certain number of Rappies on one character, you might get access to a quest like The Fake in Yellow (i.e. you know how Rappies work, so picking out the fake one should be easier for you). Naturally, there are plenty of progression ramifications for just laying out everything the player can do right from the get-go (like going into Hard mode at level 1), so a system of unlocking these sorts of things actually makes sense - but it'd also be nice to see most or all of these quests actually able to be undertaken by multiple players. After all, PSO was primarily a multiplayer game, so having the majority of available quests be playable by multiple people would be ideal.

Of course, having quests being the only means of playing the game (like in PSU) is a bad thing - quests should be designed as an alternative to actually delving into the full breadth of a dungeon - they might be shorter with very specific goals, or they might be a far greater challenge with some pretty hefty rewards to them... But they should always be really an option, rather than the main mode of actually doing anything. We don't want more TTF spamming, do we?

And on that note: I'd also like to see the areas themselves be much larger, and have many more levels to them. After all, PSO was a dungeon-crawler at heart, and that's one of the big things people actually enjoyed about it. I think it'd be very interesting to see something along the lines of... Maybe there are only four "areas," like in Episode 1, but each one has many more actual levels in it - the Forest might have upwards of 20 levels, for instance, but you need only clear the first two to get to the first boss, clearing it giving you access to another area such as the Caves. Naturally, as you go farther, scenery and enemies would gradually get different, yet similar enough to be considered part of the same area. Naturally, as with most dungeon-crawlers, you'd see things like checkpoints at regular intervals (typically, every 5th floor has a checkpoint) that allow you to return to that floor, should you quit out.

Naturally, such a thing would have to be adapted into the gameplay flow of the game, because retrofitting things from other games onto another doesn't always work out so well - but still, I think it could be made to work out pretty well - especially if the dungeon floors themselves get the same hand-made treatment they did originally in PSO, rather than purely random-generation.
    Last edited by Kent; Oct 28, 2010 at 05:41 AM.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I don't care about pausing in online mode (I mean, that's not something I've come to expect) but I would LOVE to be able to pause in offline mode. It doesn't make sense to not have a pause there, really.

What more, there needs to actually BE an offline mode!

PS0 FC: 0002 9480 5893

Section IDs: They should just make them like factions, like a league or something to that nature. Like you would have to earn your way in to that league or section ID and you would base them off what kind of character you are wanting to be.

Music: The Music in PSU is what makes me secretly hate PSU. If i want to fall asleep I listen to PSU's music and BAM I am asleep, I love voice chat on the Xbox 360 version because people can keep me awake, on the other hand. PSO's music made me feel that I was being drawn in to the game and that what I did in this world made a difference, IDK maybe I am making too much out of it. But the Music team this time around needs to go back and listen to what they did 10 years ago. I know its the same team but maybe everyone has quit and we are listening to new people trying to feel big shoes.

Combined Servers: I hate when people told me they was on another server/ship/universe, I even hate this in WOW, well at least in PSO/U you don't have to make a new character to play on another server. But have one server that everyone can play on, have real Cites that people can explore and have real forest and fields that everyone can go. I really want to go in to this with more detail, Lets use the Earth as an example, there is obviously enough room to take 1,000,000 players and have them all explore the same planet and not have places over populated at the "next big quest mission start area", I would think a place of that magnitude would be a wonderful place to explore and if there was cities "large cites" people would be able to walk around with little crowds in the way and not have to walk in a room and have the game almost crash because it has to load 500 peoples character models. Now events, I understand people are going to want to gather during an event, so I can see everyone running to one City.
    (wow that's a whole bunch of garbled sentences.)

Console Support/cross platform: I would say the PS3 and Xbox 360 would be where they should be as well as the PC, if you look at my signature you know I will NOT have any problems playing this game. the Wii on the other hand, comon, lets leave the pathetic 480i/p resolution behind and grow up its 2010, we have 1080p (1920x1080) now games at the 480 range would just look like something from the early 2000's and have dated graphics. Also this should be a Digitally Distributed game. No running to Game Stop trying to find a Disk, this is why we cant have all the content updates everyone wants, "This is why we can't have nice things".

I think I am asking for too much from just the three things I have listed but IDK, the only things left I would think would be nice is more realistic graphics and a game world time, like the planet I was referring to earlier would have day and night cycles that was for that planet only it would be kinda cool.

Maybe I am just wanting a PSO that is more of a living breathing world that is just PSO themed, IDK what do you guys think before I start typing another paragraph of thrown together sentences.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

to neo: i can agree with points 1 and 3 that you made.. but what you were saying about the world servers.. ugh...

the way you described that sounded a awful lot like every other generic mmo out there.. large cities and then a bunch of baron unused wasted bandwidth of landscape.. i think that would be a horrible idea.. the whole basis of why the first pso was so great was the lobby system. and then going from the pioneer down to the surface to do your 'planet exploring'.. it sounds like your wanting PSO2 to become a wow clone.. and i just cant agree to that.

now having a bigger lobby section on the other hand is a solid idea.. a slightly bigger place to chill and meet people to go down to the surface with is a good idea. (admittedly most of those sleepless nights on pso were in the lobbys just chatting) so your on the right page...kinda.. but turning a lobby into a open world just has 'bad idea' written all over it.

i dunno, maybe i'm a purist.. but i'm kinda afraid of PSO2, it might be everything we ever wanted it to be... or it might be a slap in the face... i'm tentative to say the least..

on a side note.. anyone know if they are bringing back the old school techs? as in Barta / Gibarta / Rabarta for ex? i wonder if they are sticking with the hexagonal design, thats a style that i totally digg'd on from the og PSO. (click sig to see how much i digg'd it, lol)
    bought pso v1 before i ever had a dreamcast. you know how it is, love at first sight =)

rabarta love.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...21&postcount=1