Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Dude... that's complete and utter ****. <_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Heaven forbid each player actually has to hunt for the items they want. Besides, the drop tables and rates were changed from the Japanese version, it seems, so that you don't have to spend as much time hunting as you did.

I agree with Mike. Having players hunt their own items means people spend more time online and also less widespread use of hacked items, since you can't trade high level gear.

Besides, the feeling you get when that red box drops is totally awesome and way better than getting items in a trade.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with trading or opening a shop. I just don't think it the lack of extensive trading options is
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    complete and utter ****.

Well since I was never able to get online with psz, I'm for psp2. Oh n psz had to be the lamest ps game to date even ps card revolution for gc was better. Don't get me wrong i did like psz but only because im a die hard ps fan. The game had bad graphics n controls n what was up with that super repetative 100 floor dungeon. Anyways psp2 looks awesome now I just have to decide when to get it n a psp.

I say it's complete and utter **** because, without the availability to trade the high-level gear, it means that the trading business is not going to fair well in the end, being able only to cater to the either newer players or those only seeking junk, pretty much. I could care less about hacking being an issue, I've had to deal with it since starting my PSZ empire, but the fact that no matter WHAT, you can't trade anything even remotely good rank-wise, apparently, makes this just completely insane... why, Sega? Why restrict and penalize the trading community so? Is this your answer to any kind of bad thing that could happen? Idiots... <_<

Oh, and to the above poster, I laugh. You say PSZ had bad graphics, but PSZ had some of the best graphics for any game on the DS. I never cared so much for graphics personally, but this I can assure you, it did not have "bad graphics". Controls I can't complain with, they were easy to use for me, and I had no issues playing the game at all. The only reason you would probably hate the controls is the fact there's not really anything for the touchscreen to do and no quick-tech menu, because those are the only things it lacked control-wise. And that "repetitive 100 floor dungeon" was Sega's incentive for people to play offline, since there were a few items there you could not get anywhere else. I applaud their effort, since it worked for me for a long while, but I do not approve of how MANY floors there were. 50 floors or something could have been better, I didn't like having to spend about 4 hours just to get to the top JUST to unlock SH mode offline, and that's really all I have against it.

But, most of this is in fact opinion, so there's no point in arguing one way or the other. I can see and understand some of your dislike for PSZ, but for other things, especially something like graphics for a DS game, I really can't, to be honest. : /

the graphics are bad because it is a ds game. i would have rather seen hand drawn sprites instead of the terrible n64 style 3d. when you compare the game to psp2 the graphics are terrible. this game should have been made for the psp.

oh another thing i cant believe that psz didnt allow you to play online with wpa2 security code. i can access the dsi browser and store, but i cant play phantasy star zero online? that's just dumb on segas part not to include that feature.

it wasn't necessarily the controls for the game but the targeting system. it was soo unforgiving and very inconsistent. some times you would hit the monster you were targeting and other times you would cleanly miss. i died many times because i couldnt hit the monster i was aiming at.

as for the offline game, psz was good; it was very fresh and nostalgic. my first ps game was pso and psz was a good throw-back.

i cant wait to see what the future holds for the phantasy star franchise.

To be honest, it feels like most of your dislike of PSZ isn't about PSZ but in fact the DS itself, which I feel isn't a reason to hate the game itself. Hate the console, not the game, yo. <_<

As far as aiming, to be honest, I can't say I've had issues like you. If I missed, I missed, if not, great. The only times that's ever been an issue EVER with me, though, was when I used mechs really, and I don't use them often enough at all for that to be a major problem at all, or when I was trying to shoot an enemy from max range with a rifle, which hardly ever happened solo.

Either way, contributing to the topic, I got my PS:P2 now, and I'll probably crack open the case tomorrow. Still having too much fun in Dissidia to even consider trying PS:P2.

Hey, I like the "N64 style!" It brings back some memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    I say it's complete and utter **** because, without the availability to trade the high-level gear, it means that the trading business is not going to fair
    There is no trading business because there is no trading of high level gear. It's as simple as that really. It's an action RPG not a shopkeeper RPG. There is a shopkeeper RPG though it's name escapes me at the moment.