Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kenesu View Post
    what does it matter whether or not pirates are playing the game, the more people that are playing online the better,right? just log on and have fun....
    Whilst that is true to a point, the people who have pirated the game have not supported Sega or the Phantasy Star brand. So it does matter.

x
    Phantasy Star Zero

Dave - 3180 6192 7982

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    Whilst that is true to a point, the people who have pirated the game have not supported Sega or the Phantasy Star brand. So it does matter.

x

However, there may be some people (many) who judge the game primarily on its online content...so by playing online, the piraters may be indirectly supporting sega (in a very small way)
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by HaydenX View Post
    However, there may be some people (many) who judge the game primarily on its online content...so by playing online, the piraters may be indirectly supporting sega (in a very small way)
    you mean the way you support Mc Donalds when you only use their toilet?
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuRaL View Post
    you mean the way you support Mc Donalds when you only use their toilet?
    That's the only way I support McDonalds...

Seriously though, just by having a large community, it improves the gameplay experience for those who did purchase the game...this may result in more people purchasing the expansion when it comes out (not to mention that the piraters may actually buy the game after seeing how awesome it is).

I know it is a somewhat ideal notion, but it could happen.

P.S.

w00t 700th post
    Last edited by HaydenX; Sep 20, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Stealing is wrong, no matter how you swing it. The demo was available for online play if people were interested in that, and it's still available for offline play if they want to get a taste of it. I am very disappointed that this "Little Wing License" isn't working as it should. I really hope SEGA is able to resolve this ordeal.

I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME. It's one of the very few games in YEARS that I honestly anticipated its release (the last one I can remember was Super Mario Sunshine). Now, I know how easy it is to modify a PSP to play illegal copies of games, and I'd hate to see a such an awesome game like this go unsupported! If people don't support the franchise, then we don't support the people who make these great games! By not supporting the games we enjoy, we don't get more of the same games we love!

I also know that there exist homebrew applications which allow people to cheat in PSP games. If people cheat online, then this negatively affects the online service, and THAT makes me an angry customer. I'm not saying that everyone that plays illegal copies of PSP games cheats, but those who use custom firmware may be more inclined to cheat than a person, say, who doesn't even know what "Pandora's Battery" or "CFW" is. By stopping the players from using illegal copies of the game online, it'll decrease the chances of online cheating.

All I'm saying is that it's important for SEGA to resolve this license issue:
    -Stealing is immoral. Don't do it.
    -some nasty side effects may occur like (a) less support, (b) online cheating

The exclamation points aren't directed at anyone. I just get really charged with this sort of topic.

OFF TOPIC: Why in the heck is Phantasy Star Portable 2 listed as "UMD Only" on the official US Playstation home page? Get it straight SONY.

I dont know why youre worried about people who pirate their versions. I mean you need to connect to PSN in order to activate it do you not? And youre not allowed to connect unless you have at least version 6 on your PSP, while the furthest homebrew has come is 5.50. Dont sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKusanagi View Post
    I dont know why youre worried about people who pirate their versions. I mean you need to connect to PSN in order to activate it do you not? And youre not allowed to connect unless you have at least version 6 on your PSP, while the furthest homebrew has come is 5.50. Dont sweat it.
    PSNLover is homebrew that allows CFW to connect online and bypass the code needed. Even if these people get banned, they can just make another PSN account and use their savedata still.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Breaker of Boundaries

I bought the game because it's huge on a memory stick and i registered when right before i played online and i had cfw till i tried to play psp2. only reason i went ofw is because it was giving me the psn store start up error. but still i don't see why pirated copies are working when it did what it did with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    PSNLover is homebrew that allows CFW to connect online and bypass the code needed. Even if these people get banned, they can just make another PSN account and use their savedata still.
    Hrm. I stand corrected. Thanks. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    Has it been confirmed that it bypasses needing the code? I thought being able to go online without the license was something that both OFW and CFW users were/are able to do.