Thumbs up Newmans as a Force/Ranger Hybrid?

First post here, been visiting the site for a long time though

Anyways, I've been slowly getting tired of my Beast Hunter/Vanguard (Level 83) and his low damage output/accuracy over my girlfriend's Force and was considering making a new character, my impression with Casts however tell me they are best suited Ranger/Hunter/Vanguard which is really just Ranged and Melee.

However I would rather do a Tech/Ranged Hybrid which brings me to why I would like to choose a Newman (Female):

-Highest PP Pool and regeneration (Great for spells and extended ranged weapon usage)

-Higher MND than Casts (Less chance of a OHKO from A-S rank monster spells)

-Highest Tec (For using cards/bows)

-Etc
    ------
    Now the big question is, how good would that end up being? If I were to level up both Force and Ranger would it really be the best of both worlds?

And what would the good weapon combinations be for chaining and damage?

Are slicers any better than Bows/Cards?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide any valuable insight on the matter.

You'll actually do decent damage with guns, since you got the 2nd highest ATA, and that has a higher multiplier than ATP for guns. It's not a BAD idea. Vanguard actually isn't that bad a choice either, since you'll have additional PP. Level 20 techs and bullets are still dang good. And of course, Ex Traps! ;D

Bows are useless, don't use 'em. You'll do more damage with a Rifle. I'd say your best way of doing damage would be a machine gun with meseta fury (If you got a lot of meseta to waste at least.) and a wand in your main hand. Get that chain up to 20 or 30, then finish off with a Diga or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    You'll actually do decent damage with guns, since you got the 2nd highest ATA, and that has a higher multiplier than ATP for guns. It's not a BAD idea. Vanguard actually isn't that bad a choice either, since you'll have additional PP. Level 20 techs and bullets are still dang good. And of course, Ex Traps! ;D

Bows are useless, don't use 'em. You'll do more damage with a Rifle. I'd say your best way of doing damage would be a machine gun with meseta fury (If you got a lot of meseta to waste at least.) and a wand in your main hand. Get that chain up to 20 or 30, then finish off with a Diga or something.
    Yeah the idea of a machinegun/wand definitely crossed my mind, build up a high chain and finish with my highest level spell.

And yeah, I loved using EX traps on my Beast Hunter/Vanguard, I just hated how expensive it was to get S rank weapons for alot of the catagories since they cost more for Vanguards than they do for Hunters.

Nothing more fun then to run in solo on an A rank boss and kill it with 2-3 Ex traps lol.

So bows still suck eh? Dispite ignoring defense? Thats lame, alright but what about slicers? They used to be pretty broken in PSU and PhSP, how are they now?

Quote Originally Posted by ZyloWolfBane View Post
    So bows still suck eh? Dispite ignoring defense? Thats lame, alright but what about slicers? They used to be pretty broken in PSU and PhSP, how are they now?
    No idea. I haven't touched the things since they nerfed them for a 2nd time on PSU. Sorry :<