Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Multiple Characters of Multiple Classes? What have you chosen?

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone has decided to do in regards to trying the other classes. Have you stuck to one character and are levelling multiple roles, or have you specific class/race combos?

I myself am a little stuck on what to decide upon. I like the idea of having three separate characters, however I then realised that the PA limit is around 130+, enabling the use of all techniques I would presume. Another factor is having to unlock everything with each character, and how time consuming that would be,

At the moment I am probably making my human a ranger / force, and my beast Hunter / Vanguard.

x
    Phantasy Star Zero

Dave - 3180 6192 7982

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

CAST SUPREMACY!!!

Just one character here, leveling all types in turn to level ten.

Being a FOcast is the roughest it has ever been, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Magician View Post
    CAST SUPREMACY!!!

Just one character here, leveling all types in turn level ten.

Being a FOcast is the roughest it has ever been, imo.
    Is the damage stupidly low then? Enjoying it though?

x
    Phantasy Star Zero

Dave - 3180 6192 7982

I love my cast ranger; it's the role they're basically designed for, but that's my favorite to play as in the end. I don't stray from the generics when setting up a character; cast ranger, newman force, beast hunter, and as of PsP2, my new human vanguard. In PsP1 I didn't even make a human character; I couldn't think of a reason to do so.

I did play a beast force, once, but I don't think that's as inherently bad as a cast force. XD

My original character was the only one for a long time.
    When I reached level 200 and maxed out all the classes, I made a new character.
    Got her to 79 ish, and then stopped playing.

I converted my save, and left off where I was.
    Made a new character to play with friends, and that's it.

My first character is a female CAST, first class was Ranger, of course, but then became a ridiculous Hunter type.
    Leveling up Force was a pain in the butt.
    Second character (the 79) is a female Newman, always a Force class.

Third character is a female Human, level 60 or so now, and started off as Hunter, cause I figured it'd be the worst class to level as a Human.
    I have never made a Human character in any PS game, so I figured it's a good start.

I probably wont be making a 4-8th character for a VERY long time.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    Is the damage stupidly low then? Enjoying it though?

x
    Enjoying it? As a FOcast, no. In the same time it takes to cast diga with a wand I'd rather do a two-chain, perfect ranpa with knuckles. The diga (level ?, nine maybe) does 150-170 damage, while the two-chain perfert ranpa does 450 damage.

I can see why PSP2 JP veterans stress the use of melee on FOcasts, tech dps is just that awful early on.

I'm running with 4 characters:

lv40 Female Beast Hunter - armed with Twin Claws, Twin Handguns, and a really BIG Sword. She's my lead character, gathering cash and items to give to the others. I'm a button masher at heart so I love how easy she is to fight with.

lv20 Female Human Force - armed with assorted Wands, Rods, Twin Daggers, Whip & R-Mag, Shield & Exam saber. She WAS going to be my primary character but I'm having REAL issues with her damage output as a Force. She started the Demo as a Ranger to gain some Ranger abilities and switched as soon as she was able in the full game. I'm going to put her on hold while my lead gathers better Tech disks. HOPEFULLY, she'll start to shine with lv15+ Techs because with lv8ish Techs, she does more damage with her Exam saber.

lv10 Female CAST Ranger - armed with Twin Guns, Rifle, R-Mag & Exam Saber. I LOVE Strafing with her Twin Guns then switching to her HtH combo to smash stuff when she runs out of PP.

lv10 Female Newman Vanguard - armed with Twin Guns, R-Mag & Exam Saber, Rod, Shield & Wand. She's becoming my favourite character. I thought Vanguards would end up "Jack of all Trades but Master of None" types but she's really good at EVERYTHING. She's almost as good at shooting stuff as my Ranger, about as good as my Ranger in Melee, and as good at buffing the party as my poor Force. 'Course she IS only lv10 but she shows great promise.

I only have one character at the moment
    Marron Beast Hunter level 35ish; I'll probably end up leveling everything on him
    I did create Reysa earlier today but shes only level 1 and i havent done anything to her yet

My main is a complete Jack of all trades. Human Vanguard. I do plan to make him the other types for title purposes.

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special

I have the beast ranger I made in the demo, and a caseal hunter I made and cleared the first story mission with.

Otherwise, level 76/12 VAmarl. Spears, Twin Sabers, Twin Handguns. One slot wand/tech-mag for heals and buffs. (YAY BUFFS!)
    Coming Soon!