Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is PS:P2i the final act of PSU saga?

Ever since PS:P2i was revealed and the mayor tease of the long waited PSO2, I have been wondering if Team Sakai has decided to give us (at least japan for now) one final act for the PSU saga, by doing a PS:P2 expansion, namely PS:P2 Infinity.

Asumming Infinity it is indeed the final episode of PSU, I have mixed feelings about that.
    For the first time in 4 years, I'm playing the game I was so anxious to play when Phantasy Star Universe was mentioned, namely PS:P2. A pretty good story, decent visuals, charming environment and most important, incorporating new things without taking all the elements of PSO.

I know it's to sudden to talk about the topic. PS:P2i hasn't even been released, but by the looks of the teaser, the whole crossword puzzle on PSO2 teaser, and the sales of PS:P2, it looks like the perfect opportunity to pull something semi new, obtaining some funds from it, while generating the expectative of PSO2.

Perhaps I'm way too excited with PS:P2 at the moment. I don't know if someone can understand me, but it's truly a great game I have been expected for years. Creating Infinity means the game has still more to give (or at least our pockets have more money to buy), and there is also the competition against Monster Hunter.

I never thought I would say this, but....I'm willing to pay for a PS:P3.
    What I mean is, I don't want the portable saga to end just yet....as long as PSO2 development keeps afloat.

What do you think?

PSP2 was supposed to be the final entry in the PSU story line. Infinity is looking to make some PSO connections though so I wouldn't be surprised if PSP2i trailed in to PSO2 in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    PSP2 was supposed to be the final entry in the PSU story line. Infinity is looking to make some PSO connections though so I wouldn't be surprised if PSP2i trailed in to PSO2 in some way.
    Isn't confirmed that PSP2i is a link to PSO2?

I believe it was written on the blog that the story of PSP2i will explain why PSO monsters appear in PSU (aside from fanservice).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if PSP2i trailed in to PSO2 in some way.
    I'm thinking the same thing. Must be the whole subspace travel deal that has me thinking that way.

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

Now that subspace is revealed, it can pretty much be linked to everything now. What has me wondering is that perhaps PSO2 begins years after a colony ship transports through a subspace warp and lands on a hospitable planet, but with no way back.

Oh, almost like PSO!

x
    Phantasy Star Zero

Dave - 3180 6192 7982

Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    Now that subspace is revealed, it can pretty much be linked to everything now. What has me wondering is that perhaps PSO2 begins years after a colony ship transports through a subspace warp and lands on a hospitable planet, but with no way back.

Oh, almost like PSO!

x
    O I see what u did thar

Seriously though, after getting to the final chapter earlier this morning it all really started to click. I've had my speculations on how PSU was related to PSO, despite people telling me there was no relation. As soon as I saw the subspace gate open and realized that subspace was a fancy term for interdimentional travel through means of wormholes(I figured as much but I don't like to assume), my favourite series of 10 years was made just that much better. <3

Quote Originally Posted by HajnalNereyn View Post
    O I see what u did thar

Seriously though, after getting to the final chapter earlier this morning it all really started to click. I've had my speculations on how PSU was related to PSO, despite people telling me there was no relation. As soon as I saw the subspace gate open and realized that subspace was a fancy term for interdimentional travel through means of wormholes(I figured as much but I don't like to assume), my favourite series of 10 years was made just that much better. <3
    If you're putting it that way, then how long till they find the coordinates for the Algol system?

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

This sure has me excited as to how the story links will unfold.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

I hope so. I have nothing against the PSP, its a great system and all, but I'm kind of ready for a console sequel now lol. Tired of neck cramps and me occasionally forgetting to charge my PSP, DC'ing me a lot.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".