Default Type changing mid-mission?

I just got an Urgent Mission, and I found out after looking it up, that every type EXCEPT the one I want to level drops the Two-Headed Ragnus, which I really want, it was one of my favorite weapons in PSU. Is it possible to change types Mid-mission? So basically, I play as the type that it will drop for until I get it, then switch to the one I want to level before I complete the mission. Will this work?

That makes me sad =(

Oh well, my Two-Headed Ragnus will have to wait. I've been doing Underwater Ruins where the boss is supposed to drop it at A rank anyway, so I suppose I'll see it eventually.

i got my first one as vanguard on sleeping warriors A from clear box. more chances than doing underwater ruins since i think it only drops off the boss there

I got one from a mother brain mission, A rank
    Proud owner of the PSP2 free vent server

Check out the IRC group, for those who prefer to type.

Unfortunately I can only do Underwater Ruins A rank at the moment, as I'm only level 70. I actually couldn't beat the Urgent, I should have just switched types. Oh well, I got some other fancy stuff I wanted that was Vanguard-only so I don't mind.

Stupid lack of Invulnerability time kinda screws you over on the Illusionary Shaft boss when it does that tail spin crap and it does 400 a hit while I only have...590 health >_>

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polantaris View Post
    Stupid lack of Invulnerability time kinda screws you over on the Illusionary Shaft boss when it does that tail spin crap and it does 400 a hit while I only have...590 health >_>
    You have infinite invulnerability time! Its called Dodge Roll!
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    You have infinite invulnerability time! Its called Dodge Roll!
    It would work if his tail spin range wasn't larger than the length of the roll when you're in Melee Range, and when it's as long if not longer than the roll itself.

Not like if I had switched to a range weapon I would have ever killed him, I was doing 30 a hit with my best weapons that I could equip with my Vanguard level, and once I used my Traps and it didn't die I kinda expected I wasn't going to win anyway.

68 Vs. 104....not even close to possible.