Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How good does it feel to be right. :E

Have you lot heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect?
    From wiki:The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which an unskilled person makes poor decisions and reaches erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes.[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority. This leads to the situation in which less competent people rate their own ability higher than more competent people.

Well I was always saying that some stupid people cannot be helped like say the tea baggers and the batshit insane libertarians cannot be swayed with cold logic and information because they do tend to be low skill incompetent people who in a kind of feed back loop who are so uninformed that they cannot be informed. Since they over value their own knowledge. Their stupidy masks their own stupidity and makes them so easy to pander to and be dragged along and stirred up to rage and all else.

Now a test.

("Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge

All I see is a chick from that one online game (Tera?) you keep posting stuff from, that for some reason reminds me of Vanille from FF13, except less ditsy-looking, and with elf ears and tan skin, and overall just plain hotter imo.

...Does that mean I'm stupid? o_o

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Perhaps?
    Are you unable to see your stupidity? If so then, YES!

I'll admit, I can be stupid sometimes...

But right now all I see is fanservicey wimmenz, as usual in your posts.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Well her boobies are nice.
    Since you acknowledge you can improve that puts you out of that low skill incompetent types.

I get the Dunning-Kruger effect bit, but then I'm guessing I don't, since the picture seems like a non-sequitor to me...

So at the risk of being called stupid, I'm just going to enjoy the pic, as it's much higher res and quality than my computer can provide in game.

(Also, I love saying 'non-sequitor'. It's fun to say. XD )
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Tea baggers and Libertarians? You speak of politics, Shin. The only party that can be said to be good at politics, is the Democrats, and they are very, very noisy about it. I submit that the Dunning-Kruger Effect is inapplicable to this subject, as their are no clear competitive skills to be measured.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    Tea baggers and Libertarians? You speak of politics, Shin. The only party that can be said to be good at politics, is the Democrats, and they are very, very noisy about it. I submit that the Dunning-Kruger Effect is inapplicable to this subject, as their are no clear competitive skills to be measured.
    I though something along those lines, but didn't really want to get into too much with politics; I'm very anti-politician and I believe in capitalism, and as such am evil in the eyes of government.

As per submitting that the effect does not apply... way to ruin the game for the rest of us. XD
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    Not quite the low skill incompetent types tend to be tea baggers therefore they are easily manipulated and cannot be swayed away from their ways.
    Look at their signs and look how they butcher the constitution and selective reading of it does point to them being low skilled people. Some would dare say they are low class (Not quite economic but boorish offensive people)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    Not quite the low skill incompetent types tend to be tea baggers therefore they are easily manipulated and cannot be swayed away from their ways.
    Look at their signs and look how they butcher the constitution and selective reading of it does point to them being low skilled people. Some would dare say they are low class (Not quite economic but boorish offensive people)
    Those of the Tea Party have chosen to participate, not because they are easily swayed, but because they are angry. The easily swayed are those who are pacified by their representatives' propaganda; those who are content to be told by our president, that we are experiencing a "Summer of Recovery", when the passed Summer was nothing of the sort, and in fact, only saw our situation worsen. The Tea Partiers are angry, and they want the government to leave them the hell alone.

These are people who just want to be able to feed their families, without unnecessary government interference. Would you suggest that they simply eat cake, Shin?

How easy it must be, to sit from a high place, and look down on the others below? To comment at how simplistic they must be, to not live as you do? Perhaps you would be well-served, to climb down to the ground, and walk a mile in their shoes?

Remember that even a college student eats nutritionless sop, and has not yet had a taste of real life. If one leaves their parents' teat, and only moves on to the teat of another, then that one has not yet been weened.

The home must be maintained, and the bills must be paid. When a government acknowledges a problem, and the policies it builds to combat it, only makes it worse, then the people will rightly protest. This is what has happened, and it is what we are seeing. That is why we have this developing Tea Party, and why we will continue to see their numbers, until our economy has regained both strength and stability.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016