Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CLARK View Post
    You should be grateful this game made it to the U.S.
    Yeah this seems to be SEGA of Japan's thinking as well.

Start buying more of their games.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I'll buy the new 2d Sonic game, and I plan on getting Vanquish when it comes out, but I haven't bought a lot of the Japanese-originating Sega stuff. Honestly, after Sonic Adventure, I just kind of said, "Why do this? Why come you break game? You hate Sonic?"
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

I was joking. They won't love us anymore than they do now if we spend more money.

This is getting off topic real quick. Anyway, back to the original response. Excuse the wall of text, becasue I got plenty to write. *Cough*

I approve of Sammael's message. Yes, this game is real good, and much better than Phantasy Star Universe. However, I will say that as one who pays attention to the series' story progression since V1 of PSU, I really do not like breaks in continuity, and there should be no reason to deviate from it. Machines suddenly being called synths? Calling Partner Machinery MySynth instead of what its been always called since the very beginning? Not to mention as a not so nice peeve of mine, calling Reverser, Giresta, when Giresta was announced "removed" from PSP2. People were actually confused by this error in localization, whether it was intended or not. Also, I agree with the voicework being removed created a sudden negative impact in trying to get into the scenes unlike the JP version.

One particular scene involving our dear CAST Chelsea, we see her reveal a side that blew us away. The emotion brought about by such a scene, followed by the humorous impact coupled with it, was a success not only for the direction of the story, but for the actor who put their strength in it. Without such strength involved in any of these text related scenes, it seems to... Stagnate. Phantasy Star Portable was a bit inferior to PSP2 and it's JP counterpart, but the time that was taken to localize that game, not only in translation, but also in the voicework, sold me. We could relate to Vivienne in ways as she went on her journey and fulfilled her job.

Now I realize a few of you don't really care about such things, and are more focused on the content, gameplay, and effort of getting DLC, in hopes that SEGA will not have turned a blind eye to us again. I respect that wholeheartedly. I'm just saying, and I know others will agree, that if we want a truly complete game, we would like a game that shows true effort in quality, in all areas. And it is in this hope that SEGA will go even farther in quality with PSP2 Infinity, as they were doing with PSP2, should we gain that game to come to the West as well.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Actually. The money always works. No company sees a hit and doesn't jump on it to milk it for what it's worth. Capcom took the gamble with that Super Street Fighter 2 HD thing on XBLA. Realized that it sold like hotcakes, and look now. We're getting bigger Street Fighter releases and more 2D fighters on PSN/XBLA.

Granted Akaimazu,

They have to see that it is indeed a hit or perceive that it will in the end sell well enough this side of the ocean.

Considering the history of the franchise and the fanbase here I'd say we are lucky that we have it at all. That being said I'd stil like to see something done for the hardcore fans here.

I too agree with sammael's post. I also happen to look at the situation from all angles before i say much on any issue. While we are deserving of the same content that the JP get, it simply isnt made available to us (at least in english). do i complain? not really. I love the game personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    The localization is fine.

Complaining about petty things.
    This. This. This.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Getting the game localized and missing a few parts is way better than NOT getting localized at all.

Ashley took the words out of my mouth.

*facepalm* Can we just not do this, please? It's not that serious, just play another game.