Default % Chances for each Status Effects?

I was wondering what the chances are for inflicting status effects on an enemy... I want to know what the difference is between the different status effects, if there is any at all. Although, that doesnt seem right, since Incapacitation seems to happen a lot less than, lets say, Freeze. Also, I want to know how much the chance is increased depending on the level of the status effect.

And is there a difference between weapons? It would make more sense for swords to have a higher chance, considering it only gets 3 hits, and dual daggers get 8 hits... Unless the chance is just based on each part of the 3-part combo, and not the number of hits.....

Is there a chart or something somewhere that I can view?

Anyone....? X_X

Some info. would really be helpful, because I want to extend a couple weapons, but I'm not totally sure of which status effects I want to attach to them...

OR. Instead of just sitting and waiting around for info to fall in your lap if no one replies, you could, instead, try to dig into the info yourself through expirimentation..and as an added bonus you can contribute with charts and such...you know..like you're expecting of other people! Profit!

But short answer is it relies on the monster's STA.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    OR. Instead of just sitting and waiting around for info to fall in your lap if no one replies, you could, instead, try to dig into the info yourself through expirimentation..and as an added bonus you can contribute with charts and such...you know..like you're expecting of other people! Profit!

But short answer is it relies on the monster's STA.
    Wow, you make it sound like I'm lazy. What you're suggesting would take me months to do myself. I don't have access to every status effect of every level for every weapon in the game. Nor do I have the formulas/information contained within the game itself. Not to mention the hours it would take to do the tests themselves... I'm a full-time college student and have a job; I don't have THAT much free time to be doing experiments with a game, jesus... :/

I assumed that since other people have had the game for 8+ more months than me, someone would've had some information to give.

And I know the chance for a status effect depends on a monster's STA, but I want to know if different status effects have different chances for happening. Like I've already said, it wouldn't make much sense for Incapacitation(INSTANTLY KILLS A MONSTER) to have the same chance for say Freeze( Also, I want to know how much of a difference in the levels of the status effect increase the chance of happening, and if there was different chances depending on the type of weapon....
    Last edited by •Col•; Sep 28, 2010 at 01:19 PM.

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

I quite honestly can't give you a definite answer, I guess it's worth trying out "effect" LV1 and test 'em out against different mobs of the same type.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Wow, you make it sound like I'm lazy. What you're suggesting would take me months to do myself. I don't have access to every status effect of every level for every weapon in the game. Nor do I have the formulas/information contained within the game itself. Not to mention the hours it would take to do the tests themselves... I'm a full-time college student and have a job; I don't have THAT much free time to be doing experiments with a game, jesus... :/

I assumed that since other people have had the game for 8+ more months than me, someone would've had some information to give.

And I know the chance for a status effect depends on a monster's STA, but I want to know if different status effects have different chances for happening. Like I've already said, it wouldn't make much sense for Incapacitation(INSTANTLY KILLS A MONSTER) to have the same chance for say Freeze( Also, I want to know how much of a difference in the levels of the status effect increase the chance of happening, and if there was different chances depending on the type of weapon....
    I am also a full time student with a (full time, mind you) job and I find it more efficient to just test things that you may THINK take more time than they really do. Besides, you don
    't really need an exact idea..just a perspective..IMO
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

i dont think this information is available. this isnt world of warcraft its a PSP game.

There's some more info about it here.
    You can probably run it through a translator and figure out what most of them mean.

As for incapacitation, it just says that it has a fixed chance to kill an enemy in 1 hit.
    You get exp for them as usual, "but the probability might vary per weapon?" (they're unsure too)
    Some monsters are resistant to it, and it doesn't affect them.
    Medium/large creatures are usually immune to it.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    There's some more info about it here.
    You can probably run it through a translator and figure out what most of them mean.

As for incapacitation, it just says that it has a fixed chance to kill an enemy in 1 hit.
    You get exp for them as usual, "but the probability might vary per weapon?" (they're unsure too)
    Some monsters are resistant to it, and it doesn't affect them.
    Medium/large creatures are usually immune to it.
    Hmm.... Those charts make it seem like the normal status effects(Burning, Poison, Infection, Shock, Frozen, Sleep, Stun, Confusion) all have an equal chance of affecting a monster. The different status effect levels only change the amount of time the status takes place...

Incapacitation, however.... Is different... It most likely has a different base chance for happening, and with each level, it increases the chance... Hmm... Wish we knew what the chance was for a LV1 Incapacitation to take effect...

Oh well, thanks for that. It helped a bit.

EDIT: Oh hey, it says that someone did tests about Incapacitation at the bottom... I dont know what the first two weapons are, since they're still in Japanese.... But it says that with the weapon Fenrir(Incapacitation LV2) it activated 24 out of 200 times...
    Last edited by •Col•; Sep 28, 2010 at 06:39 PM.