Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sword of Azure Lightning Akio-Kasai's Avatar

I use VERY few things things in Gemaga, and I admit at first, it was difficult, now? Now that I know the spawns so i know EXACTLY what to do, it's easy.

I use Alseva Borega Extended S Rank 52% Light, Sori-senba 30% Dark with Four Solid/Legs, Stun/Burn EX Traps, Freeze/Burn Traps. Assault Crush.

A lot of people use Blade Destruction, I hate it. Not only does it suck up huge amounts of PP, but with Assault Crush, I can literally control how and where I move. The final part is a dash which can be used to dodge or attack almost any hit and counterattack it. If you time it so a group of enemies will spawn at a door just as you kill the last enemy with the second part, the third part can tear through them and knock them all down, letting you wipe them out before they even have a chance to attack.

I always have Monomate, Dimate, Trimate, Freeze Trap, Burn EX, Stun EX. I only use ONE EX during the enemies part, though I can actually spare about 2-3.

When the mission starts, I prep myself. I make sure I can swap between my Twin Sabers and Freeze Traps. After the countdown I'm already on my freeze traps and I move forward, placing one up above between the man and girl before she spawns, and then another below before switching to Twin Sabers. A quick combo + Assault Crush takes them out. Moving forward, the next enemies are spread so I don't use traps, I focus on the Axe wielder until the claw girl come to me, DON'T chase them, they're freaking annoying to try and get.

At this point, I'm just using simple comboing from behind them, and I always kill the last one in the doorway so I can finish my assault crush into the group that spawns, knocking them all over. It gives plenty of times to pull another Assault Crush and wipe them out, leaving the one that spawns after it an easy picking.

In Sector Two, I have my freeze traps out again, jump the gate and run right in the middle of the three swordsman, place the trap and switch weapons, I quickly get under then, swinging at the bottom one. 90% of the time, he dies when the trap goes off, if not about one more hit kills the bottom one, then the first part of Assault Crush kills the other two.

Head right with the freeze traps, getting above the Dilnazen and placing two of them down before swapping weapons. I start hitting it until it turns towards me, at that point I stop so it freezes and I get bellow it, hitting it twice and then Assault Crushing it to kill it. From here on is where I vary my tactics.

I usually trap the next group as it spawns and then finish them with Assault Crush. The next group with the Dilanzen I trap, finishing off the mages first and then focusing on the much slower Dilnazen. The group that spawns in the door is easy, I place a Burn Trap EX down and start attacking, wiping out both groups that spawn in the door. Heading off to the right I always take down the mages first, because I can't dodge their stupid attacks. The Swordsman are a joke, by this time I'm out of Freeze Traps so I swap to fire, setting one off before wiping them all out. I place three down before the Dilnazen spawn, allowing both to be burned/damaged and then easily combo'd for the kill. Run back, grab the key and equip Stun Trap EX. Head into Shizuru's fight and run forward.

I push the real(Middle) Shizuru back a bit by running into him before setting off a Stun Trap. Then I hang out behind them all and listen for his words, indicating his attacks which are incredibly easy to dodge. From that point, place the remaining EX traps and dodge until the clones die, then if you stayed in the back so the Real Shizuru was hit, it'll take about an EX Trap and a Half to kill him.

Wow that was a lot of typing. x.x

But yeah, basically, once you get used to how the enemies spawn, you can easily start out with traps before they even spawn. It took me about six minutes to run it my first time I won against Shizuru. Now it takes me 2:54 seconds to Reach Shizuru and about a minute if that to kill him.

It's by far my favorite mission for Type Points since it gives 136 Type Points and very yummy experience.

Basically

tl;dr version. Be patient and conservative, trying to copy a video may get you killed(Like it did me). You may die a lot at first, just keep going and get used to the spawns, eventually you'll get it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    As far as I know trap damage is only based on your character's level, so they should work equally on each class, providing you can equip them.

As for Shizuru, the boss fight isn't really that hard in this map, I find the traps more useful for clearing the mobs that come out of the doors fast.
    VA gets a 50% trap damage boost, which is probably the best power-to-cost ratio in the game at only using one ability point.

In order of spawns:

Room 1:
    EX Burn first wave, mop up with weapon (Nothing should live)
    EX Burn second wave, placing in front of left door, so the blast catches the third wave.
    Clean remainder of third wave with weapon.

Room 2:
    2x Freeze on first wave. If one is boosted, use weapon to finish
    Kill the Dilnazen with weapon, no traps
    EX Burn next wave. Attack any boosted enemy with weapon, so burn hits wave 4 and kills the techers in it. (Or at least gets em to where your first PA wipes em) Kill Dilnazen with weapons.
    EX Burn the spawn in the doorway.
    Apply Freeze Traps slowly to next spawn, you want to have 1-2 left after 5 traps.
    Use remaining freeze traps on the double Dilnazen spawn to inflict damage, clean up with weapon (They should be pretty busted up after the traps)

Shizuru:
    EX Stun until copies are dead. Continue using any extra traps you have while avoiding him, they outdamage your weapons hands down. Remove remaining health with weapon(s).
    Coming Soon!

so sorry for the stupid question but this quest scales to your level? or is there a min lvl req?

Scales, enemies range from 50 to 180.
    Coming Soon!

Enemies are always ~ your lvl+10.
    トビ~

Which quest is it on the list? like 2nd or third?

Tactical mission Clad6, 2nd option with the DL at the end.
    The first option are the side stories.
    トビ~

As HU, Cyclone dance is a good choice for Gamega.

It's really easy as HU too. It just takes longer. I use Cyclone on all the small monsters and Bogga Rabado on the large monsters. Trap the Shizuru clones to death and Bogga Rabado/Skadd/Blade Destruction him to death.

I'd say the only class that would find Gamega annoying to do is FO.
    Last edited by Lolitron; Sep 29, 2010 at 01:20 PM.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

anybody, what are some ideal type abilities for, say, a type lvl 11 hunter, for gemaga? currently: pp escape save(1), freeze protect(1), half defense(3), burst bomber.

i have a lumirus/legs, solid/legs and resist stun and sleep on my armor. i'm 139 right now so it kinda sucks to be only type lvl 11.. XD is there a better setup, or do yall think this should do pretty well?

i did find a feril/ hit module, but i think dodging is more important here, even if i have to use an A rank module.