Default SUV and Mirage Blast Damage Theory

This is a rough concept, so bear with me.

SUV's are based on ATK and Mirage Blast are based on TECH. (Thanks to Mike for double-check)

Okay, so here is my thoughts.
    When SUV ATK is calculated does it include the weapon you are holding power? If not then the highest SUV Damage Possible would be a HUcast with The Sniper Combo (because it boosts BASE ATK by 275?), or would that even factor in?
    Same goes for Mirage Blast with its respective combo?

I need some testers. Also... do each SUV and Mirage Blast have seperate base damage? I assumed the base damage was based on rarity for SUV's, but it's just an assumption.

If you would like to test one or more of the above and post results, please be my guest. lol
    Last edited by CLARK; Sep 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLARK View Post
    I hear that SUV's are based on ATK and Mirage Blast are based on TECH?
    This is true. SUV damage is are based on ATP and the SUV unit's rank. Mirage Blast damage is similarly based on tech and unit rank. The game treats damage done by both SUV and Mirage Blasts as ranged damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is true. SUV damage is are based on ATP and the SUV unit's rank. Mirage Blast damage is similarly based on tech and unit rank. The game treats damage done by both SUV and Mirage Blasts as ranged damage.
    Ah. Thanks for clarification on that part.

SUV counts as ranged? I thought as much, but darn. it feels like when I'm playing, the npc's are always telling me ranged wont work. Which is really annoying as a ragner. XP
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

But the NPCs sometimes lie >_>
    They say monsters like Bafal Bragga and SEED-Argine resist bullets, when they do not =/

I figured as much. I still stick to ranged, even if the monsters resist it, because I can still build up chains and pound on them; I keep my gear elementally balanced as well, so I can rely on that if they're strong to ranged.

And since the only melee weapon I carry is miku's twin leek sabers, I usually just use them to open boxes. XP
    Characters:

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

It's really worth it to use melee as Ranger when the monster resists bullet damage, though. Not necessary, of course, but worth it.

I always have a saber (<33333333 Infinite Storm) or a spear on me.

Hahaha... Infinite storm ftw. I love spears, too, and it was kinda a bummer when I didn't get to carry over Bardiche to PsP2.

I tend to carry the twin sabers as more of a panic button than an effective weapon (Blade destruction, anyone? XD ) But as I actually start getting to any devenct levels, I'll invest in getting some halfway decent melee weapons.
    Characters:

Well, as RA, I have been finding WAY MORE (but really, without exggerating, at least three times as many) melee weapons than guns, so I have an entire set of S-grade spears (Gekitsata, Mugunruk, Demonic Fork), swords (Huge Cutter, Kan Yu), knuckles (Gudda Hon), double sabers (Sweet Death, Double Agito, Girasole), single sabers (Crimson, Blackheart, Kusanagi) and shields (Artemis) all above 40% in every element. Talk about a ranger dropset -_-;

So yeah, I use melee...

The leek rifle is still my best rifle... ^.^;;

I pretty much get the same problem, though I get my fair share of technic weapons, too. And a crapton of bows, which as a cast ranger, don't help me none.

Of course, I'm not up there enough to really find S rank anything, so for now I'm fine with grinding away at range resist critters with my twin handguns. I've also found some new appreciation for Laser cannons as grenade launchers, though if I'm playing with a party they get mad when I chainbreak. Grenade Launchers are glorious for keeping things away. XD
    Characters: