Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default before 2007 or so

Did anyone else think vampires were really cool before the terrible teenage romance books they are now? i for one think vampires were pretty awesome up until recently, anyone else feel the same way about pre-twilight (and all the other recent abominations) vampires? if so, what was your favorite book/TV show/movie/ anything else that vampires made that much better?

for me its Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and then angel) as some of you probably know from my previous posts in other threads.
    i also love the play for Dracula (haven't read the book tho) and surprisingly, the animated batman vs Dracula, vampires were cool.
    Last edited by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso; Sep 1, 2010 at 08:29 PM.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I've somewhat felt the same way recently. Growing up with the black and white vampire movies and lore, even up to the Castlevania games, I've always been interested in them. That interest unfortunately has waned over the past 2 years.

If I had to pick my favorite interpretation of vampires, I'd have to go with the Castlevania games.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Accept no substitutes.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Heavy Hit in the Air.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Last edited by Sayara; Sep 1, 2010 at 09:02 PM.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Was never big on vampires really. In any case, Stoker-style vampires are awesome, the stuff that passes for em now... not so much.
    Coming Soon!

what do you mean by stokers? and yes, just about every modern vampire thing is awful that ive heard about, except there's may just be a light at the end of the tunnel (for me at least) or at least a gap between tunnels when the new buffy the vampire slayer movie comes out (i believe 2012 is the scheduled year at the moment)

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    what do you mean by stokers? and yes, just about every modern vampire thing is awful that ive heard about, except there's may just be a light at the end of the tunnel (for me at least) or at least a gap between tunnels when the new buffy the vampire slayer movie comes out (i believe 2012 is the scheduled year at the moment)
    He's talking about this author's style of vampires.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

I wasn't really into them too much before, (I did love playing as a vampire in TES, though) and I'm still not, in this post-Twilight world.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

oh, thanks for explaining, also, anyone who does like vampires, what kind of "rules" do you like them to have.

for me, they die by stake to the heart or burning for too long, and decapitation.
    -Sun makes them burn pretty quickly (so they die from that indirectly)
    -they can;t go into a house/apartment owned/being rented without being invited in, but public places (even including hotel rooms are ok)

i can't think of any other concrete rules i really am attached to, but there are others i like

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Spoiler!

got this in a different search today. and a different language. Italian or something.

Not saying Daybreakers or something was amazing, but an old head talked to me about seeing the Twilight telling me to stay far away. What is this trash?! Girls have said it too, better off seeing something else, even if its fine, that's one girls story they might relate to broken home dad sucks, but then it gets way too crappy after that.

Old head was saying yeah, Blade 2 man. Brought comic book movies back!

-
    --

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116367/

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)

User Rating: 7.1/10 :: 79,768 votes »

--
    -

Neo / Bill N Ted / Constantine / Point Break surf bro dude

made that famous one way back before you kids knew em. Gary Oldman wasn't that old, man. And it was Vlad Dracul prince sexytime. Wacky fibrous red muscles without skin kinda armor.

CTRL F "Keanu" on that link / imdb above after seeing Brad Stoker.
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Sep 2, 2010 at 01:07 AM.