Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Network Errors: Two psp's on the same wifi

It seems as though, after several extremely frustrating days of trying to play online with my gf, that you cannot use 2 psps on the same connection.

My psp is usually ok by itself, maybe an error every 2-4 hours

her psp is usually ok by ITself, maybe same error rate

BUT when we try to play online together, we get an error usually within 15 minutes, every time. weve made it through maybe 2 missions without an error.

Seriously... if theres 3 laptops in the house at the same time they all access the internet JUST FINE. Whats the problem!?

You aren't using the same ID, are you?

I've noticed this issue too with my brother and myself- We have different PSN IDs.

Sucks that only 1 can be used with little or no errors

The day before yesterday, i saw a Rabbit.
    Yesterday, it was a Deer.
    And today... it was you.

Unless you're playing infrastructure and both joining the same party, why not just do local multimode together? That sure sounds like a romantic night...
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

different ID's. she doesn't like local mutliplayer, because we like to do higher level stuff and it takes too long for just 2 to do enemies 20+ our level... =/

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Maybe the signal's cancelling each other out or something? I know sometimes you can really limit your wifi range if it bounces off a corner or wall and comes back in on itself. As dumb as it sounds, try sitting a bit further from each other?

That just seems really odd.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Odd, there have been a lot of times where I've played at a friend's house and we both played online on his wifi just fine. No idea what could be causing the issues for ya. =/

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

What ISP do you use? Is it DSL? I ask those questions because if you have crappy DSL then that is your problem. You mentioned playing solo would give you errors every so often. What your most likely running into is not enough bandwidth for both systems, let alone just enough for one.

I use cable at my house, but at my wife's parents they have DSL running at speeds of 256Kb/s mind you dial up is 56Kb/s so your not that much better off. As it stands I wasn't able to play PSP2 infrastructure mode very well. It lagged for me and those I did missions with noticed immense lag on their end as well, compared to when I hunt with them on my Cable connection, its as smooth as can be.

Unfortunately this game requires a lot of bandwidth (given the size of the game itself... and the online functions.) Unlike PSO back in the day on the GCN using dial up was just fine... Its all in the programming.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Maybe the signal's cancelling each other out or something? I know sometimes you can really limit your wifi range if it bounces off a corner or wall and comes back in on itself. As dumb as it sounds, try sitting a bit further from each other?

That just seems really odd.
    Sound advice, mate. We'll give it a go