Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ouch, sorry to hear man. But really please don't blame sega for it, it's not their fault and there's nothing they can do to remedy the situation.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

When my Monster Hunter file got corrupted switching from UMD to digital, what I did was save that corrupted file on my computer and reformatted my memory stick. If that doesn't work, try using the save data on another memory stick.

The point is, sometimes the memory stick THINKS the memory data is corrupted. So you have to mess around and see if it's really right or wrong. Usually when switching from UMD to digital copies of the game, it confuses the memory stick.

Anyways, next time you switch from umd to digital or vice versa, backup your save. And once you invest in 100+ hours, backup your save regardless.
    Currently Playing: PSO2
    Ship 2 - Shiku/Duman
    Steam ID: Shokuryu

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSword View Post
    If I recall that was the Viewtiful Joe demo that killed the PS2 MemCards. I remember SoulCalibur 3 had that problem as well, though not as severe.
    Those two and the Rayman 3 demo, but the one on the PSM Demo disc not the OPM one.

I wrote a batch script (with aloooot of help) a few days ago just to prevent this kind of data loss for myself and my guild. It makes backing up and restoring data a breeze and even enables or disables DLC... I've been backing up religiously since the demo so... x.x I feel your pain, but, I figured out backing up regularly was a good idea back in PSO E1&2 after losing a lv 135 humar.
    I suggest at the very least downloading Sony's Media Go which helps automate backing up your data.

Ah...
    The Dreamcast days....
    Talk about corrupt saved data. Ever since then, it's taught me to endure lost characters since there wastn't much you can do to prevent it. There's a few tips, but no sure fire way to avoid it.
    I'm just glad we can back up our files now.

So sorry to hear about your lost. Believe me, I know your pain.
    *pat on back*
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

Pretty sure you did what I had done many times on PSO. Power off/quit while saving.

Trying to fix corruption is futile
    Then there was light...

And thank God there was

Run Windows Error Checking on your memory stick. Tell it to scan and repair bad sectors.

Ugh, I would not touch your memory stick. Stop writing to it and doing disk checks and get yourself a data recovery program.

My PSP froze during the save process and when I rebooted there was no sign of my save on the card. My most recent backup was 2 weeks previous so I found a fat recovery program and hidden in the MS file structure was a folder called something like OVERWRITE_0002323 which looked like a PSP2 save. I managed to extract that corrupted / hidden data and didnt lose anything.

Running disk check will fix this corrupted / hidden data and you will never be able to get it back. As soon as a MS corrupts, stop writing to it, you may be able to recover some if not all of the data.

If you were using the M33 CFW plug-in to play the UMD then this plug-in corrupts saves. You can use an app called deemer to sort that out. Let me know if you need more info.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    Ugh, I would not touch your memory stick. Stop writing to it and doing disk checks and get yourself a data recovery program.

My PSP froze during the save process and when I rebooted there was no sign of my save on the card. My most recent backup was 2 weeks previous so I found a fat recovery program and hidden in the MS file structure was a folder called something like OVERWRITE_0002323 which looked like a PSP2 save. I managed to extract that corrupted / hidden data and didnt lose anything.

Running disk check will fix this corrupted / hidden data and you will never be able to get it back. As soon as a MS corrupts, stop writing to it, you may be able to recover some if not all of the data.

If you were using the M33 CFW plug-in to play the UMD then this plug-in corrupts saves. You can use an app called deemer to sort that out. Let me know if you need more info.
    Any program you can recommend? I was playing online last night when my battery died, so I hooked it into the charger, and after it came back it froze during the save. Turned it back on and there was no save data, it's been corrupted.

80+ hours wasted unless I can get it back somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Ouch, sorry to hear man. But really please don't blame sega for it, it's not their fault and there's nothing they can do to remedy the situation.
    I'm not saying its sega's fault. It just seems very strange that immediately after changing mediums, my data was corrupted. Even when switching back to umd.