Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLC

Default DLC

seeing as its possible to play japanese dlc missions the surely its possible to somehow download the dlc weapons somehow so i was wondering if anyone's figured out how to yet?

It is not.

The import function was removed from the title screen, making the DLC weapons unusable.

Unless there's another way around it.

Maybe you can convert your save to JP, import your items on the JP version then convert the save back? Surely the DLC items are on the UMD, else how would everyone else see the item you are using when you are online? I doubt they removed all these from the US/EU UMD if this is the case.

The import function surely just triggers something in the save file to say you have the item.

Are the downloaded files stored the same way as the mission DLC? Something like a new file is created in the DL folder on your MS?

Maybe there is a way around this, I'm not buying some fancy DLC just to test it though, but it sounds perfectly feasible.

You will need CFW to try any of this.

No. They were never in the code even on the JP version. Hence why we need the Import option.
    Putting up with the Gurhal System until PSO2.

-PSP2 Character(s)-
    Majin: LVL100+ Human (HUmar/VAmar)

If they were never in the code then there must be files that are downloaded / installed. When you "import", either something is written to the save file to say you now have additional content or an installation directory is created and the files are "unpacked" to that directory.

Can you tell me the following:

1. When you download the DLC, which files are downloaded to your MS?
    2. When you "import" the DLC, what happens? Is a folder created (similar to the install option from the UMD), if not then flags must be created in the save file.

The best way to test this is on a clean MS which has your PSP2 save on it and nothing else, not even the "installed UMD". If we can find out how the DLC content is working then there is no reason why you can't use it on the EU/US versions, unless SEGA actively blocked this feature which i doubt very much knowing their slackness.

There is nothing magical going on here as far as I can tell. All these "there is no import option" comments are completely true but may well be the obvious choice that SEGA took to lazily block you from using the content.

I could be wrong but it seems everyone is just ignoring the fact that this could be possible because there is no import option?

I'm PRETTY sure it's added to your PSN accounts licenses of owned content then gets put onto the game. -shrug- Been awhile since I've looked into game coding and saves so I'm not a good source.
    Putting up with the Gurhal System until PSO2.

-PSP2 Character(s)-
    Majin: LVL100+ Human (HUmar/VAmar)

Yeah I heard a few people say that. I can understand the actual "importing" process needs to be done legitimately on the JP PSP2 but after that initial setup has been done, I can't see why you can't convert it over for use in the EU/US games.

You can play the game offline, there is no way checks are done against the items you have and your PSN account during normal play, offline or even online. That would be insane.

On the JP version, only people with the same DLC items can see what you've equipped I believe. It probably just looks like a generic weapon to people without DLC.

PS0 Friend Code - Reggie - 0216 4827 6175

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    You can play the game offline, there is no way checks are done against the items you have and your PSN account during normal play, offline or even online. That would be insane.
    The items are checked against your PSN licenses every time you load the game. If you load the game without a PSN account or with a different PSN account than the download items were registered too, then the items are dummied out and become unequipable.