Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

I'm 33, but just now experiencing Phantasy Star for the first time. Trying to balance playing Phantasy Star Zero and Phantasy Star Portable 2 while also playing through Phantasy Star II (Sega Genesis Collection on PSP FTW!). I started up a character on the PSU Xbox Live Demo, but the people on there scared me.

I never owned a Sega console which is why I've never touched a Phantasy Star game until recently. Glad I'm correcting that mistake.
    "Obviously, you're not a golfer." - The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Razia1970 View Post
    Reminds me of the old EQ1 days where you had to know all the maps with their designs, spanws and pathing of mobs, and aggro through walls and trains and so on. Remember how you could get aggro from mobs that weren't attacking anymore when you were sitting? That's a running gag of me and our friends when playing other casual MMOs.

And it's true you can't find another MMO like EQ1..... others like Vanguard where nice but none of them will bring back the feelings and memories I had with EQ 1.

Camp check!
    The greatest still is Mistmoore.

Monk - "Oh cool single mob standing here by the gate, INC!"

Party - "OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOO!"

Monk - "Huh? OH SHIT!"

Me - "/shout www.traintozone.com/get/the/fuck/out/of/the/way.htm!"

(If you pulled the right mob in Mistmoore, it would bring every last mob down on you training the entire zone...)
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

42 here.

First PS experience was on the Genesis system. Played all 3 of them (And help out a friend who had the Master System and the first Phantasy Star). Then I first dabbled in PSO on the DC, but didn't get addicted until the GC. Then I played PSU (offline only ) Then I played PSP:1 and PS:0 and now I'm finally got my hands on PSP:2. Don't play online much (mainly playing ad-hoc with a friend).

As for MMOs.

My first MMO was Dark Age of Camelot. Then I moved to City of Heroes and went back to DAOC and back to CoH.

24, 25 next month. Been playing since DC PSO days. Also played GC epi 1 & 2. I tried PSU on xbox360, didn't like it after a month and canceled my membership. But I'm loving Phantasy Star Portable 2, it brings back those memories and game feel.

33 going on 10.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razia1970 View Post
    And it's true you can't find another MMO like EQ1..... others like Vanguard where nice but none of them will bring back the feelings and memories I had with EQ 1.
    Quotes I miss from EQ:
    Has anyone seen my corpse?
    WTB SoW
    Train to zone!

Modern MMO players missed out
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

Hehe. I remember that. I remember joining EQ at the EQ launch. Kelethan Forest, baby.

Anyway. All of those quotes are very rememberable. Especially the "Train" ones. "Traaaaaaaaaain!" While all the new guys, especially me when I was new, hung around the guards just to see who's the unlucky sap with a barrage of monsters behind 'em.

Ban blue McNuggets Save Rappies PinkyMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SammaeltheDark View Post
    Quotes I miss from EQ:
    Has anyone seen my corpse?
    WTB SoW
    Train to zone!

Modern MMO players missed out

and you left out Ranger's corpse jokes =)

26 here 27 in Nov. I'v played PSI-IV PSO ver 1 and 2 on DC and ep1 + 2 on xbox never got to try episode 3 no gc Still play PSO BB some. Only other MMO I have played is FF11 which stole years of my life ; ;, quit that game finally few months ago

This thread may also be a good way to re-link up with old friends wonder why people are posting only their ages.

I'm 27 years old, my name is Ronny (nice to meet you all)

And i've been a big Phantasy Star fan since the 1999 and the Dreamcast days of online play. Loved it until cheaters started getting out of hand (and i'll make it clear right now i am in FULL SUPPORT OF CHEATING except that which directly messes with other people's game that is WRONG and UNACCEPTABLE)

With that said here are a few of my character names for those that may know me it's always cool to catch up with old friends.

PSO - Character Names
    Prince Vegeta
    Ron Starwind (haha anyone remember that anime series?)
    MEGAMAN
    Cloud Strife

PSU - Character Names
    Prince Vegeta
    [O]riginal Cloud
    K-oz
    Akaitsuki

PSP2 - Character Names
    Ronny Moon
    Catalina
    Akaiyou
    Katrina
    K-oz
    Elena
    Misu
    Boopy

Also anyone that was in the Clan BUFU either in PSO or PSU out there?