Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ban blue McNuggets Save Rappies PinkyMonkey's Avatar

Default So how do you play your non-VG high level characters?

It seems there are many folks (myself included) who don't particularly want to play 'Vantasy Guard Trapable 2'(and I mean no ill will to those who love the class and trap mechanics for any reason). Rather as both my hunter and ranger near the mid 70's I am wondering a few things.

1. At what level does DEF fail to do anything (My 75 F human hunter, with the VG dmg reduction still does quite well, even against mobs 15-20 higher)?

2. How do you play your high level X class?

*For my hunter as I said above haven't had too many problems yet. However always ready to block and spatially aware.

* For my F Newman Ranger. It's pretty easy to stay out of trouble and holding down the lock key while circling mobs with dual pistols or shotguns (less mobility) seem to work on a lot of mobs. Still I sometimes get one shot by a quick charge or boss mob.

In any case realize I only have a piddling 75ish levels but was looking for tips/videos on how folks are playing their high level non-VG classes.

cheers and thanks

Vantasy Guard Trappable 2 lmao
    Larxene

LVL 132 Cast
    LVL 25 Vanguard
    Female(not me lol. my char)

Rangers are Vanguards, except using Shotguns for DPS.
    Hunters are Vanguards without EX Traps.
    Last edited by Izuna; Oct 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Don't you mean Vanguards are hunters with EX traps.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by kongajinken View Post
    Don't you mean Vanguards are hunters with EX traps.
    Had to edit my comment like 3 times... I should sleep.
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Sleeping is like that thing you don't wanna do ,but in the end you gotta do. I wish I could sleep less.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

I've been playing around with all the classes on my main for right now, mainly for custom abilities but I have to say that Hunter is still my fav at lvl 114 currently. I like using knuckles and since they're cheaper for hunters I rolled with it, that and I am a beast so I kinda like hitting like a truck

Ran a few S ranks so far and have gotten smacked around now and then but def with blocking is actually quite nice in my opinion since the damage you'd be taking is drastically reduced. I know you lose PP for a non perfect block but sometimes its worth it. I'm honestly still trying to see when that's gonna stop working but even against lvl 130 -150 mobs its still a sound option.

Too scared to sleep without doing homework... if only you could do the questions without picking up the pen, sometimes I do completely random shit like push-ups to distract myself from working.

With my Hunter, i use Knuckles as backup for keeping things stunned if there are a too much of an annoyence.

I use Twin Claw´s as primary DPS, pretty good. (It usually depends on coolness factor, right now having a powerful Daylight Scar)

Double saber for an all-around crowd controll, thing are too dangerous to be in a group?
    Cyclone Dance! Then it´s just easy pickings.

I´ve have either a Twin Handgun or Machine Gun to keep chain up when the need aris. (not on palette at all times)

Always have a staff ready to buff with Shifta or having Zalure for those unhittable evasive targets. And a Resta to save some healing in less dire situations.

Usually save a spot for an extra "fun" weapon to mess around with.

Sometimes i have some minor traps to spam on more pesky targets just to wear them down a bit...

That´s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    Too scared to sleep without doing homework... if only you could do the questions without picking up the pen, sometimes I do completely random shit like push-ups to distract myself from working.
    someone needs telekenisis