Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Stuff is Less Annoying Here"

Do you notice this?

Ever since I started on psu2psp...I have noticed I have been FAR LESS annoyed. Remember, I'm a 'vanilla psu1 vet' who has played through it all, until they denied me by turning off my access. (I was ps2) Many many things are extremely LESS annoying (and thus, more fun) on psu2psp. It's like they actually had a look at what was mega-irritating and then somehow, against all odds, fixed it. Look at these examples:

Mizura
    And other BUG / BUGGE types. Mizura was the main culprit back in the day. I was on a team that farmed Dual Sentinel for like...30 minutes of resetting the map trying to get one without mizura in it because they'd of added ungodly amounts of time and irritation to the run. I have seen several people ragequit when encountering swarms. You used to be able to AFK lvl techs on the damm things because they wouldn't die. They had "Disperse" where no one could hit them for a while. They resisted melee. Did they resist techs? Some people said so. Took forever to kill.
    Now:
    Doesn't really disperse. Dies in reasonable amount of time. Does not seem to resist attack types.

Tengohg
    Resisted the hell out of melee. Took for stinkin' ever to kill if you didn't have a big gunner. Jumped around setting fires like a pyro, while wasting time.
    Now:
    Apparently quit resisting melee, kill-able by anyone.

Gaozoran
    Resists melee and spends most of its time 'vanished' and un-hit-able, only to make everyone run across the room 500 times trying to hit it. It was at its' worst in psu1.
    Now:
    Seemingly vanishes less. Still very strong, but you're not going to be biting the non-existent ankles for 45 minutes.

DeRagnus:
    Wasn't this thing neutral element before? I swear it was. Now doesn't it shift to fire or ice, like the Alterez switches from light to dark? Is that more or less annoying?

Certain extremely long maps
    I think Dual Sentinel was guilty of this. There were some maps where they were just grueling. On and on and on trying to get to the boss. Either everybody's stronger, or the maps are shorter here. I can't prove anything, thanks to them taking the servers down so maybe someone who can still play both can run through and compare. I SWEAR rooms & areas have been deleted off some things to streamline the experience.

Hive Music:
    It used to have these repetitive screeching trills, and now doesn't. Or they're toned down. Music now mildly less irritating.

For me, this really makes it more 'playable'. I can also solo well because it doesn't seem like certain areas are as designed to "Run ____ into the ground! Force teamwork on everybody, all the time, even when you've got no friends on!" like they were before. Because the maps are static (unlike in psu) you know what to expect from the area, but you're not dreading these huge stupid battles with irritating monsters. I havn't gotten to VH yet or anything, so I could easily be missing like Vanda Orga or something, but that's why I ask.

Do you find yourself LESS annoyed with stuff?
    Do you notice a difference between here and AOTI?
    Do you think anything/anywhere became MORE annoying instead?
    Did they miss anything that's still annoying?

This topic should be renamed from "Stuff is less annoying here" to "PSP2 Is actually a finished / polished game and therefore more fun".

There have been MANY more refinements to the game that make the game play experience far more interesting, and challenging. Personally, this might not be a specific change, but something I find very different from PSU, and probably the best aspect.

Being Immersed In The Gameplay

This is something that PSU pretty much comes close to never offering. Now, what I mean by this is that when you play something like a FPS or something fast paced, more often than not, your heart beings to race and you feel more aware. PSP2 accomplishes this because of the fact that it is challenging and you only carry one single scape doll. You might feel relaxed when going into a mission where the monsters are far above your level at first, but once that scape doll is gone, you feel vulnerable since if you die again, it's game over. You have to restart the mission. It goes a little deeper than that, but I think I've made my point.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Ever since I started on psu2psp...
    I think this is the first time I've seen someone refer to Phantasy Star Portable 2 as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think this is the first time I've seen someone refer to Phantasy Star Portable 2 as this.
    Yeah at first I had to use this algorithm to figure it out. It was super complicated.

Turns out it wasn't needed, after trying for 10 years to figure it out. It just meant PSP2.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Mizura and BUG robots still 'disperse', a lot.

There are tons of enemies (new and old) which are much more annoying than they were in PSU, so meh.

SEGA still has not learned that making monsters more powerful does not make the game harder, it makes it more retarded.

My post has a super aura, prepare to be stuck attacking me for a good ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    My post has a super aura, prepare to be stuck attacking me for a good ten minutes.
    As long as you don't spend several minutes spinning in place while being invinsible.

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    Yeah at first I had to use this algorithm to figure it out. It was super complicated.

Turns out it wasn't needed, after trying for 10 years to figure it out. It just meant PSP2.
    Since I'm in calculus 2 currently I can almost determine what that equation is except for the beginning part. I'm not sure if that squiggly line is something I know just written weird or calc 3/4 stuff.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

The only thing that's less annoying is no more megid instant deaths. Otherwise the chain system makes a ton of stuff more annoying. Stuff using a charge attack across the room or the dragon bosses constantly moving and knocking you out of PA unless you have evasion and thus ruining your chain.

Auras are pretty bad too, especially in timed missions, especially in challenge missions...

Of course the worst is the hp modifier on multimode/online, you need 3 people of equal or greater skill to you to even make it worthwhile to efficiently hunt rares in free missions online. The enemies aren't any stronger, they just take forever to kill if you don't hyori them. Max Attack Cross got it right with their increased attack / reduced hp, but that's only 4 missions.

For free missions they should've just made any increase in monster stat boosts based on how many players there are in the game IMO.
    That way it doesn't take forever to kill something if you're playing solo, but it can scale up to adjust for more players.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"