Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

Arrow You're better off buying Gold instead of Apple products

Think about it.
    They are nothing but shiny trinkets that do nothing. The only reason to own, lets say an iPad or some bling is so show off. They both cost a shitload, but gold has the distinct ability to reatin its value, where as Apple products will lose value the minute you buy it, then exponetialy devalue as soon as Steve Rimjobs announces the new 3gturbomaxGu2edition the minute after you buy it.

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

Except Apple products do things?

Unless gold has gotten a lot more exciting since the last time I looked at it.

Well... Gold is a very good conductor of electricity.

In fact, most of those Apple products are likely to have gold in them.

With the rise in the popularity of electronic devices, also comes the rise of the value of gold-- it's used in circuit boards.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

The entire world of computing (at least for portable objects) always announces something new, within months, that makes your current tech look inferior. It's just that Apple has a way of advertising so that you know it. Other manufacturers do the exact same thing, but they don't have broadcasted seminars or something introducing them. You basically find that out, the easiest, by going into forums while you state your specs and someone already tells you "you're in the dark ages." You expect that machine you bought 8 months ago to run Starcraft 2????!! What the heck? You should've gotten PC X-spec 3000.

On the other hand, you need to keep a watch on Macrumors usually to find out when you should get any of those Apple products, so that you'll see the longest possibility of not buying too close to a new release. Still. As I say. Never buy until it has the specs and/or performance that will satisfy you. Then throw away the envy, because you know something better will always come out, later. However, if it doesn't do what you want it to do, steer clear. Even if it means you avoid Apple stuff for a while.

Investment-wise. There's not a lot you can buy, better than Gold. Just about anything you can buy for a house or personal belongings depreciates more than that.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Oct 14, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

I guess it depends on your investment attitude, but personally I've always had better luck in foreign exchange rather than commodities. The appreciation of my investments has more than covered the cost of the MBPs I've picked up since then.

Plus the MBPs do stuff, like Outrider said.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Yeah, gold's actually not a great investment, despite what the teevee might say.

Next to your coffee machine, drinking your coffee

simple solution for not losing all your money to any computer company: only buy what you need
    Hey guys, want to see a magic trick? *disappears for a few years*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

GET BACK WITH AGP GRAPHICS CARDS, IT'LL BE THE ONLY THING THAT SURVIVES THE WWIIINWO CATACLYSM APOCALYPSE ANTIOBAMACHRIST METEROID X ALIEN ENLIGHTENMENT anal probe INVASION.

Ah, if only I had been around to buy gold 40 years ago at $40 an ounce.