Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Video Game Deals Thread (October/November 2010)

Hey all -

I came across some crazy deals and I told myself, "Self, PSOW users like cheap video games. You should let them in on the savings!"

So we have a new deals thread. Please feel free to share any new deals you find.

Let's start with a doozy:

Apparently, Microsoft is offering Fable 2 as a free download if purchased through the xbox.com store. You have to be signed in, at which point you should go to this page:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0-00004d5307f1

You should see the full 7 GB download available for free. (If you've already downloaded Fable II - Episode 1 in the past, it'll look like you've already purchased the game. Feel free to download again.)

I haven't had a chance to test this out (as I'm not at home), but it's in my download queue and I'll get it going once I can get home and turn on my Xbox.

(via Slickdeals.net)

Not as amazing, but Steam is offering Tales of Monkey Island for $5 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/31170/

I recently bought this through an earlier promotion, and it's been fun so far (I'm on the second chapter.)

Anybody have anything else they'd like to contribute?

The excellent Mass Effect 2 for PC is $11.90 on GoGamer for their weekly 48 hour madness sale:
    http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...0fp40555c0s710

I'm not sure if this is deal enough for the scope of the thread, but Amazon is offering a $20 credit for a future video games purchase to customers who pre-order Fable III. This appears to apply to both the standard XBox 360 version and the XBox 360 Limited Collector's Edition.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Super Meat Boy is available for $10 for a limited time. It's worth $15, but they're crazy and giving it away for $10.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

XBOX Live 12 month card

Hovers at just under $40

Which is what I got it for recently, PM'ed myself to Amazon [code] up.

Just in time for that XBLOX Billing to FUX up, after going 2 months having paid for one month at $7.99. Which is the newer raised price? Remember some news on that, so get your month cards on Amazon where its not full MSRP, or before the things go up.

In an absolutely ludicrous move, Amazon is having a buy 2 get 1 free promotion.

3 for 2 Promotion

The list is huge.

I changed this to October/November, since the October one was so short.

Awesome job noticing that Amtalx, I was going to order one of the games listed as it was (Assassin's Creed), and seriously considered a second on the list (Mass Effect).
    Now to try and think of one other. Fallout 3? Magna Carta 2? Gears of War? I'm looking for recommendations for the 360, maybe Wii. I may consider Goldeneye.

I'm probably going to pick up Vanquish, Fallout New Vegas, and Starcraft II. Amazon tried to be sneaky and bury Vanquish somewhere deep in the list, but it's there. There are so many games, you are better off just looking for a specific title and checking its eligibility.

Also, Enslaved is 35% off. So pretty much every good game that has come out in the last three months is on sale right now. Go nuts.

EDIT: Enslaved is actually part of the deal too. Just make sure you select Amazon as the seller. The current low price comes from a different vendor so Amazon's price isn't listed first. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is up there as well...
    Last edited by amtalx; Nov 5, 2010 at 04:56 PM.

This Amazon deal is very, very tempting. Ugh... I have so much to play as it is, though
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Now I need to pick three games out of a few I was looking at (New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Fallout: New Vegas, the new action-RPG Lufia, Monster Hunter Tri, Samurai Warriors 3, and King's Bounty: Armored Princess). That's going to be all the trouble, I'm sure.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.