Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Nidramag View Post
    Rangers can't carry as many, and don't do as much with them, also, forces do have a high EVP, but not as high as Vanguards, not even close.

Also, I think the class that really got the short end of the stick were the Forces, their damage is a lot harder to maintain and they cannot attack relentlessly, and definitely not with the same kind of damage as other classes =(
    forces have always been portrait as for experts only..no for the beginner(noob) lol
    and as far as I know they always have been challenging to play

If your vanguard is extra short and female, you get bonus EVP.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

I chose Hunter because I wanted a familiar starting point for my first character; after my short time as a member and lurker of these forums, I've found that VG tends to be the class a lot of players suggest at least leveling for Burst Bomber if not as your main "class" and have a bit more versatility (as said before) with beginning weapon selections and possibility for a more sound build in comparison to a Hunter if you want a unique pull to your character without spending extra type extend points.

I have yet to play a Vanguard so I can't speak from experience on whether or not the class is broken. But from what I read it seems to be the most popular choice, broken or not. Once I complete the storyline with my first character I intend to make a Female Cast Vanguard.
    _PSP2en_
    Cynic - Human Male - Lv7x Lv10Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by aduran View Post
    forces have always been portrait as for experts only..no for the beginner(noob) lol
    and as far as I know they always have been challenging to play
    Experts my ass, lol. A class only gets that kind of title if it's actually worth the effort put in. Something that's hard to play, and doesn't even do as well as the others when you do, is just low tier trash.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Actually, Forces have lower EVP than Rangers, not much, but still lower. Which is absolutely stupid to me, Forces used to always have the highest EVP or ridiculously high EVP compared to other classes. Granted, you can get their EVP up enough for melee invincibility with the help of lvl 21+ Deband and units/abilities, for Newman/Beasts at least. But the fact that VG has 100+ more EVP is a frown button.

VG also has the second best in every other stat, as well as access to both EX Traps. I wouldn't say they're broken though, this game is just ridiculously unbalanced in their favor.

After buffing Forces have around 75 lower evp than Vanguards. Depending on what one is facing that makes a difference sadly =(. Me switching weapons as a Vanguard is the difference for me surviving many attacks to dying in seconds.

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special

hell idk what their talking about. Vanguards aren't broken... just the fact that their kind of a runing around class is funny to me. and yes it is true. i'v played with more running around vanguards then i have other styles.

i just like hunters because i take low damages, less deaths, and i deal a lot of damage. hell.... and forces aren't the greatest class to play on psp2 since the dmg you do with spells is affected by the chain level on the mob..... and i don't mean just for the hard(chain breaking) techs they have

Vanguards themselves aren't broken, but the damage that EX traps do are a at least a little broken. I don't care either way, though. I'll probably never make a Vanguard; I think just putting traps down and standing around while everything dies is boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Vanguards themselves aren't broken, but the damage that EX traps do are a at least a little broken. I don't care either way, though. I'll probably never make a Vanguard; I think just putting traps down and standing around while everything dies is boring as hell.
    But you can put a trap down AND attack with a melee weapon now.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    But you can put a trap down AND attack with a melee weapon now.
    Still boring with the traps doing 90% of the work, I think.