Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nave View Post
    Okay, so this boss is no problem, except when he moves to the edge of the platform then starts barraging the entire platform with purple bolts. There are a veritable shitton of these things and I can't dodge out of the way of them constantly, I've got plenty of PP to do so but they still hit me. I'm wearing light element armor against him as he's a light enemy, but I've also tried other elements including dark (because the bolts are purple) and I've died to him 5 times now with the same thing killing me.

Pretty damn frustrating, anyone have any advice?

I'm a twin saber hunter and I do plenty of damage to the boss, and I can avoid all of his mechanics except for THIS one.
    Dont be fooled by his element,all his attacks are dark element so try using your dark armor as for your problem,the only way you can avoid being peppered by his attacks is to time yours.If you see him pause for a really long time after his smash attack its time to hit the sides of the platform and guard.The chances of survival from his attack while your on the middle of the platform are slim to none even if your guarding but if you run to the edges you'll survive it.
    Teletha Testarossa Vamarl Lvl 152 Challenge Rank: Master, Battle Rank: AAA.

The second form is light, only the first form is dark.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    The second form is light, only the first form is dark.
    Yes he is but his attacks still remains dark except for the overhead airial attack.
    Last edited by GantzDetainee; Oct 20, 2010 at 02:05 PM.

I ignored element completely, as I tend to do unless I end up firing at something with the same element as my gun, greatly reducing damage.I found the safest places for that machinegun of darkness attack were right in front of him, or off towards the sides, turning to face him and block.

This is one of those bosses with a rather easy to define pattern, and ranged as usual tends to give more opportunity to strike, and leave you less likely to be caught by something like his doom-puddle attack. When I fought him with my twin handguns, the only time I ever stopped running around the edge (always away from my teammates) was when I was blocking his big light that hits everything attack or when I stopped to block his machinegun attack. And of course, to run in just close enough to drop a lvl2 charge shot on his ass.
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

I was stuck on this guy for ages as well. As many others have pointed out the best way to avoid this attack is to stand in one of the circles near to the side of him and most if not all of all of the purple laser attacks should miss you. If you are still having trouble with him look up a clip of this boss fight on youtube, once you see how easy this attack is to avoid it makes him alot easier to beat.

The sad part is that to beat him you really just have to avoid his attacks. Unless you're a much higher level (and a hunter), that's pretty much the game plan. RUN RUN RUN (let the NPCs do some work for once) and only attack him (in the back !!!) when he goes for a "karate chop". When you do, however, make it COUNT ! If you can, release a trap, and then just pounce on him until you get a chain of about 4-5 then release the most powerful PA you've got. Rinse and repeat. Then RUN RUN RUN again xD When he goes for his nuke just use a mate to get your health up to max and then guard. If you are still taking damage, you can use a mate at least one time during the attack.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by GantzDetainee View Post
    Yes he is but his attacks still remains dark except for the overhead airial attack.
    Can you explain that in a bit more detail? Never heard that.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Can you explain that in a bit more detail? Never heard that.
    Seems you don't believe me,Not much to explain than go try it yourself by using dark and light armor with the same percentage and try to get hit by his attacks.And yes its so obvious that not all monster in the game are bound to use the same elemental technic with their elemental nature eg Vanda Mehra with Diga or Bel Pannon with Barta or better yet the best example is the Chaos Sorceror with its Rabarta and Gifoie attacks.Even if I have the corresponding armor against the monsters nature but get hit by an elemental attack different from its nature,the damage wont be reduced.
    Last edited by GantzDetainee; Oct 21, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GantzDetainee View Post
    Seems you don't believe me,Not much to explain than go try it yourself by using dark and light armor with the same percentage and try to get hit by his attacks.And yes its so obvious that not all monster in the game are bound to use the same elemental technic with their elemental nature eg Vanda Mehra with Diga or Bel Pannon with Barta or better yet the best example is the Chaos Sorceror with its Rabarta and Gifoie attacks.
    That's only because those are actual techs though. Angelus' movelist is not accessable to players. I gotta call BS on this. I get my ass pounded if I have dark armor on vs him.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    That's only because those are actual techs though. Angelus' movelist is not accessable to players. I gotta call BS on this. I get my ass pounded if I have dark armor on vs him.
    As you said Angelus moveset is not accessable to players so how would you disprove or prove that im telling a BS? Its an honest observation on my point of view.So dont get your panty on a twist.