Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by cold_eXistenZ View Post
    I recently used a lot of extend points to add a rod to my pallette, for healing and shifta/debrand and have to say it's working out nicely there isn't enough room on the pallette for all the weapon categories i can use anyway, Cast Hunters are very versatile the low PP amount doesnt mean a damn thing if you add at least 1 stamina module!
    Stamina has nothing to do with pp, it refers to a stat that determines your likelihood of being affected by status effects.

To even imply that Casts have anything to do with sucking is blasphemy!

Gretel MK II - HUcaseal Level 135 (PSO <3)
    Pheno - FOnewearl (PSPo2)
    Gretel MK II - HUcaseal (PSPo2)

Well Ive hit lvl 91, and I have Damage resist, HP Boost, DEF Boost, and health restore rate on.
    Along with a Nova crusher axe equipped and S-rank armors for all elements and I must say its doing my HUcast wonders now.
    PSP2 Character: Trizek
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Cast
    Alternate Character: Vidan
    Class: Ranger
    Race: Cast

Cast hunters don't suck. However, you should have made a human hunter if you wanted a defensive character. Casts are all about damage, and techs destroy them. You have to dodge or perfect guard all the time. Beasts got that massive evade while humans just don't take near as much damage. I wonder if Dumans will be an even better glass melee cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by CLARK View Post
    Cast hunters don't suck. However, you should have made a human hunter if you wanted a defensive character. Casts are all about damage, and techs destroy them. You have to dodge or perfect guard all the time. Beasts got that massive evade while humans just don't take near as much damage. I wonder if Dumans will be an even better glass melee cannon.
    Humans are now the best at defense stats. They have more MST than Newmans, even.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinAnt View Post
    Love, love, love it.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Humans are now the best at defense stats. They have more MST than Newmans, even.
    That is what i said, yes? Also you mean MND not MST. MST is mental strength back on PSO. MND is mental defense. TEC is the PSP version of MST.

Thanks Hrith- forgot about that.
    Last edited by CLARK; Oct 30, 2010 at 07:27 PM.

MST is mental defence in PSU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Slightly more DEF, but significantly lower HP. Of course, there are a number of cases where the EVA difference can make up for that (more so outside of Hunter). Also note that Cast HP surpasses Beast HP at higher levels, giving male Cast the highest HP at level 200.

Likewise, the MND gap is not worth as much as Hunter due to its high HP mod and low MND mod.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Slightly more DEF, but significantly lower HP. Of course, there are a number of cases where the EVA difference can make up for that (more so outside of Hunter). Also note that Cast HP surpasses Beast HP at higher levels, giving male Cast the highest HP at level 200.

Likewise, the MND gap is not worth as much as Hunter due to its high HP mod and low MND mod.
    By going with these facts, Casts actually have more defense than humans; the difference between HUmar and HUcast's DEF is 28 points w/o Deband, which is 5,6 damage less, but with the higher HP, Casts actually get less physical damage. For example...let's say an Astark with 3000 ATP punches both a HUcast and a HUmar, both wearing a neutral Rabol Yiel and at level 200. With deband level 2, they both get:

HUmar: 1392 DFP; receives 322 damage
    HUcast: 1358 DFP; receives 328 damage

Now, small or big numbers in damage mean nothing; you have to compare them to your total HP, which would mean, in this case:

HUmar received 21% of total HP in damage
    HUcast received 19% of total HP in damage

As always, High DEF means nothing if you don't have the HP to take in what your DEF couldn't cover.

Sooo...in the end, Cast hunters are far from sucking; they take less damage and dish out more damage than most hunters do...Which is pretty much the criteria for best hunter around, no?

EDIT: Though...like other posters said, EVA might be a factor but, then again, well timed blocks and barell rolls = 1337 base EVA