Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ilias Client Request Glitch/Exploit

I was playing offline doing random levels testing the Renkotsu Gren (sp). I apparently had signed up for the for Pit's Twin Sabers client request some time ago. I happened to pick that level (White Beast i think) while my Gren was equiped. My party consisted of White cat, Black cat, and Neo-Elenor (the default mysynth). I had a Delnadi shield (shield of Delsaber) equipped with my Gren and was taking mosters out. Suddenly the game hiccuped and the black glow from the shield got left behind. In other words- it was floating in one spot instead of staying with my shield. The timer from the client request was still going, and I never switched weapons. For some reason it said Ilias's request complete when I finished the level, but it also said my save corrupted (the install data). I collected the twin saber reward and went about my day.
    the Gren IS NOT a twin saber... wtf?

Perhaps the kill counter for the gren overwrites the missions kill counter? I'll test it again later.
    Edit: It works. Gren overrights the Ilias request. You can complete any of her weapon requests with the Gren. It always says data corrupted, but it's just the instal data. Also it seems the "aura" glitch always occurs some point mid-mission. Edit: Guide is now below.

*removed*
    Last edited by Dragwind; Nov 15, 2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Explaining how to do glitches in the game is against the forum rules.

It would be pretty cool if that turns out to actually work. Please try it again and let us know!

The "aura leaving your weapon and remaining in one spot" thing also happened to me a few times but with a different aura. It's a not uncommon glitch. Here's a picture
    Last edited by Pavichokche; Oct 30, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

those hiccups are common, when the game becomes unable to read the install data.

If you were not aware, the install is likely not corrupt and the game is just stupid, just re-enable to install function after you finish the mission and everything should be dandy.

The effect you got after that, though, is just luck with the game getting confused.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

It works. From what I can tell you can complete any weapon request by Ilias using the Gren. You're all welcome

SUHWEEET !!!
    By the way, you mean any mission from Pit? Anyway, I congratulate you on that awesome discovery. You should go ahead and write up a little guide for everyone

That saber looks like a pretty cool weapon, I should definitely get one. Clearly it shines in lengthy missions where there are many monsters to be killed.
    PSPo2 Characters:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pavichokche View Post
    That saber looks like a pretty cool weapon, I should definitely get one. Clearly it shines in lengthy missions where there are many monsters to be killed.
    A weapon like Gren really rock on mission with heavy spawn groups plus the effect for the kills....that just awesome.

With this discovery I'll be sure to finish all these annoying Ilias request.

Thanks for the information.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

Y'all mean Pit's requests. He's the guy who makes you kill numbers of enemies, while Illias makes you beat missions within a certain time. We're talking about the prior, correct? Because Illias' missions aren't as annoying as Pit's.
    PSPo2 Characters:

Y'all mean Pit's requests. He's the guy who makes you kill numbers of enemies, while Illias makes you beat missions within a certain time. We're talking about the prior, correct? Because Illias' missions aren't as annoying as Pit's.
    But I am talking about those missions of Illias that you need a certain weapon to beat it with,plus for Pit I can't find or remember where the monsters he ask for are at.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

That is a pretty cool glitch. It might not be worth the effort of getting the gren to drop, but still cool.

I mean Ilias. Ilias requires you to use a certain weapon type while clearing a certain level within a time limit on A rank. Gren overwrites the weapon type kill count. In other words, it can be used in the place of said weapon type.
    Example: Ilias request: Beat the "White Beast" quest on A rank using only Twin Sabers. You can do it with Gren instead.