Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Default SOO...Is it even possible to defeat the Gemaga Shizuru as a Force?

Yes. I'm using a Force to go through Gemaga. The whole run goes fairly smoothly until...Shizuru

I can manage to take out his clones by perfect blocking their stabs/slashes with a shield and then counter them by casting Diga in their faces, but I try as much as I can to refrain from doing that to the real Shizuru since he got that annoying insta-kill counter attack (I usually melee him instead).

But, after a short while, the real Shizuru eventually goes into gun mode, one-shotting me despite my best efforts to escape/block (and he insists on warping away and shooting at me from the other side of the room, outside the screen). So, any of you high level Forces running Gemaga got a way to deal with him in when he goes in gun mode?

Go Vanguard for 7 levels. Get Burst Bomber and go back to force. Use all your freeze then confuse traps on the clones, and you'll have killed them without breaking a sweat. That leaves you with the regular Shizuru.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    Go Vanguard for 7 levels. Get Burst Bomber and go back to force. Use all your freeze then confuse traps on the clones, and you'll have killed them without breaking a sweat. That leaves you with the regular Shizuru.
    Dang! Can't beleive I missed that XD. I do manage to make it to Shizuru with 9-10 FTs left so I guess this'll be a makor investment...Now for some mind-numbing hard mode Chapter 1 spam 8D

What Blade said. Traps help immensely to get rid of the clones.

You could also consider Half Defense, for times when it may be helpful. Though I have noticed his insta-kill gun shot seems to not be affected by it, probably due to it being a quick succession of small shots. Might want to check it out.

As soon as I'm done with VA, I might check this out and see if my force can handle Gemega.
    » PSOW IRC'rs group! «
    Events, screenshots, and chocolate-coated presents inside!

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitGinno View Post
    What Blade said. Traps help immensely to get rid of the clones.

You could also consider Half Defense, for times when it may be helpful. Though I have noticed his insta-kill gun shot seems to not be affected by it, probably due to it being a quick succession of small shots. Might want to check it out.

As soon as I'm done with VA, I might check this out and see if my force can handle Gemega.
    The reason half-defense doesn't work on his bullet insta-kill is because the last bullet hits you for roughly 30% HP when you're in the 10-30% HP range. Though it works wonders on his slashes...especially when he decides to slash me when I'm changing weapons; the lag can leave me 3 whole seconds without being able to guard D:

And good luck...although you'll most likely only need it for Shizuru; the rest of the spawns are being quite stupid actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Yes. I'm using a Force to go through Gemaga.
    Just a question....are you using your FOcaseal? if so I'd be very interested to hear how it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson The FOmar View Post
    Just a question....are you using your FOcaseal? if so I'd be very interested to hear how it goes
    i notice as a hunter if im close to him 1 or 2 bullets hit me and my hp is not even half way and a lot of the bullets miss

if i get hit far away with the bullets same level and abilities as before I die instantly.

not sure if playing close as a force will help

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    especially when he decides to slash me when I'm changing weapons; the lag can leave me 3 whole seconds without being able to guard D:.
    Thats a reason i always equip all my weps once i enter a new sector, it loads them there and thus enables you to instant swap through them in combat.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson The FOmar View Post
    Yeah, using my FOcaseal, as always. I can get to Shizuru in 5 minutes flat (7 minutes if I get an existential dilemna about wether or not to go against Shizuru or the Vol brother for another BR poster ), but then, if I don't take his clones out quick with my FTs -love burst bomber-, he eats me alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Thats a reason i always equip all my weps once i enter a new sector, it loads them there and thus enables you to instant swap through them in combat.
    Oh? Is that so? So before entering the final warp, I should equip all the items on my pallette once? Guess I'll try that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    I do this as well.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/