Thread: Shield Element

Default Shield Element

I'm a tad confused on how the shield element works. It goes in a weapon slot, but is used defensively. So, do I use the element as I would a weapon as well? Like, if I'm fighting a dark monster, do I use a dark shield, or a light shield?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

The shield's defensive use is for blocking, but perfect blocking triggers the shield's offensive functions (I think that was called "shield arts"), damaging the enemy. Thus, you need to use the opposing element against a mob, if you want to maximize damage with your shield.

Look at them like you would a normal weapon. Light vs Dark, Ice vs Fire, ect ect. The element % is just based on the damage you do on Perfect blocks.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Ok, makes sense. Not too familiar with the use of "lightweight" weapons. I normally use two handed stuff habitually. Thanks for the help though!

All round Good Guy

I often use 2 handed as well, gloves most of the time. Wish I can find Sacred Dusters with a higher %, but yeah. With your line shield's the higher the %, the less elemental damage you take. However you'll take more damage hit by attacks with the oppposing element. I fought a Jeris once and it went Earth, its Diga killed me non critical when I had 60 or so % with 40% Lightning Orpa Weave.

So doing the opposing elements formulae will be a big help.
    Active Characters: PSO2ob- Vinnie Vincent: Human LV10/1/1, PSP2- Rock Lee: LV104 Human, LV18 Hunter/Celoenus: LV15 Newman, LV5 Force.

Retired Characters: PSOBB- Count Dooku, HUMar. PSU:AotI- Zhao Yun, Human ForteFighter.