In the magical land of beautiful women and candy bars

Default Do NPCs use extended weapons??

I bring this up since I was noticing this while playing a MAX IV A run.

I had Magashi and Vivienne with, as it seems those are the only two NPCs i can take with me to any DLC missions in multimode, like MAX missions.

Well, while I, not we, was pwning Shizuru, i saw Magashi switch from his usual S ranked Axe to what looks like a generic C ranked sword. I wasn't paying complete attention, but one second he was eqquipped with his Axe and then next I looked at him, he had a C ranked sword equipped (could have been an Ultimate C-rank but I don't know).

Same thing with Vivenne, I saw her switch from her "Vivienne" to some S rank twin handguns and then she was equipped with a C rank twin saber.

Not sure what the hell is going on. So if anyone else has seen this and know anything about it, please inform this one :P
    PSP2i:
    Akira l Human (F) HU3/RA22/BR50 Lv.200
    Saiyuki l CAST (F) HU50/RA22/BR5 Lv.200

NPC's use C rank weapons during boss fights. As for the extended weapons, I doubt it. You can tell if a weapon is exteded if it makes a flash effect when you equip it.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Actually, NPCs, use upgraded weapons for every 10 or so levels you are. My npcs are at the point where they are using A ranks and slightly a few S ranks. As for extended weapons, very doubtful. Kraz... Maybe. I'm still watching him.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Actually, NPCs, use upgraded weapons for every 10 or so levels you are. My npcs are at the point where they are using A ranks and slightly a few S ranks. As for extended weapons, very doubtful. Kraz... Maybe. I'm still watching him.
    They change weapons every 50 levels. But in boss fights they always use C/B ranks.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    They change weapons every 50 levels. But in boss fights they always use C/B ranks.
    This "bug" happened in the Japanese version as well. If it happens in the English version too, I wonder if it's actually supposed to be that way.

They change weapons way less than every 50 levels. I found they use weapons 10 levels below their level. Not all of them but some.

This is 10 levels below but it isn't a 50 level difference.
    Emilia used Apocalypse around 120? I think, at 140 she is now use the Tiga Ragan, so many 20 levels below?

And maybe the C rank weapons are kubara versions?
    Last edited by Infinite Eternity; Nov 1, 2010 at 05:20 AM.

PSP2 US: D'Ante - Human - Male - Level 150 - [VA 28] [HU 10] [RA 12] [FO 10] - Battle Rank: F - Challenge Rank: Elite
    No matter how hard the challenge or how great the fall this indomitable spirit will always stand tall..
    Titles left: 17 Comp, 7 Collect, 4 Challenge, 8 Battle, 1 Special