Thread: newbie question

Default newbie question

Hey. I recently got psp2 and have a newb question about pp. Does pp ever increase? How so? Bcuz I'm lvl 23 now and I have the same amount of pp as I did when I was lvl 1.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

PP is static to the race you choose, it never goes up as you level.

However, there're type abilites that do increase how much PP you have and/or increase its recovery rate.

Orly? So I'm only going to have 180 pp all the way to lvl 200? Ewww. That's retarded. Thanks for the answer tho.

Low PP wouldn't be a bad thing if there were fluids laying around...but that's all water under the bridge now. Using melee weapons will help restore PP faster if you find yourself running out in the middle of a fight.

Well I'm just thinking about a 3 hit pa. So if I have majarra and it uses 60pp an attack. I can use a 3hit combo and then need to putts around regaining pp beofre I can use the pa again. Kinda lame but whatever, I'm digging this game otherwise.

Well PP still recovers in between each PA combo, so usually by the time the next combo can be used, there's enough PP, unless you're trying to do a 3 hit and you've only got half PP. Even then, you don't want to PA spam anymore since you can build chains, which by the time you've got a decent chain, your PP is filled up.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by _truth_ View Post
    Well I'm just thinking about a 3 hit pa. So if I have majarra and it uses 60pp an attack. I can use a 3hit combo and then need to putts around regaining pp beofre I can use the pa again. Kinda lame but whatever, I'm digging this game otherwise.
    Remember that the price shown for the skill is only the price of the first step. The price of the second attack is roughly half the first. And the price of the third is roughly half the second. So if you have 100-ish at the start, you should have no trouble getting through the whole combo of any skill.

You also gain 20 PP for every successful Just/Exact attack to an enemy. So just get the timing down and use basic attacks that hit multiple enemies or hit one enemy fast.

Good point about the chains, I guess I wasn't rly taking that into account, still fairly new. Also about the pp cost for 2nd and 3rd attacks, overlooked that as well. Thanks for the info guys. It was just a bit of a change from psu or prior versions.