Thread: PSP2 DLC

Post PSP2 DLC

I got the JP DownLoad Content http://www.sega-psp2.jp/pc/mission/
    Of course it's all in japanese and if you have it in your memcard, the other trade missions and some tacticals title would end up in japanese. Does anyone know when or if sega is going to make an english version?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Most unlikely. Why? Well...

1- Some of the content that used to be in the DLC for the jp ver. (clothes and other stuff) is now in the disc data.

2- We can use the JP DLC already; from SEGA's viewpoint, there's no need to make a translation or give a rat's furry behind.

3- Some people think we are considered second class citizens by SEGA. Might be true, who knows?

People need to stop and think before they make these absurd threads. SEGA didn't even put an option to install DLC into the english version. The only reason anyone is playing the JPN DLC is because they can manually install it themselves. What in the world makes you think SEGA will translate the DLC if they didn't even put in the option to download the content in the first place?
    Last edited by pso_crash; Nov 6, 2010 at 04:12 PM.

It's called business sense.

Sega knows that there is a small, but loyal following to PS-X in english speaking countries, and by issuing a single release of the game would yield a tidy profit. However, if they have to continually support and update the product, the profits will be reduced.

Simple fact of the matter is they will support their largest market, and in reality we should be happy that we are being given any version at all. If you want more support, either purchase the JP releases, OR go on a massive campaign to get everyone to play the PS-X series.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    It's called business sense.

Sega knows that there is a small, but loyal following to PS-X in english speaking countries
    True, but if Sega would actually take a gamble and attempt a moderate (at least) amount of advertisement for Phantasy Star games over here in the States (and Europe, too), they quite possibly might just see that "small, but loyal" following turn into something much bigger. But, will they take that chance? Not on your life, sport.

I figure they won't release an english version so soon after the US/EU release like PSU. If it sold well here, they might eventually have one. remember japan had the game out over there for a good while before they got all that stuff and Phantasy Star is bigger in Japan than it is in the US. They are not going to translate all that stuff instantly. Since they are making that other PSP game, most of thier resources would be going into that and that might be hurting our chaces of getting an US DLC....
    I hope they do decide to make one for us. I can speak some japanese, but i can't read any, lol.

I honestly think that if Sega is planning on releasing PSPo2i (naturally, there's no info on this...just an assumption) in the US/EU, they probably won't bother spending their money on DLC for PSPo2. Of course, this is just my opinion on it....

In any case, if Sega did release the DLC, I would hope they would release all the Japanese DLC in English...yes, I include Maximum Attack X, Gemaga, all the trade missions, etc. If they didn't and they released crappy DLC in place of it, it would overwrite the Japanese DLC that we might have imported into our PSPs, and make us unable to play those missions, with the exception of the offline missions. Again, that's just my opinion.

On a completely unrelated note, this is my 100th post!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 JP
    Akal | Lv 18 Cast HU | Ship 02 | HU 18↑, RA 2, FO 1
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Akal ~ Lv 97↑ Beast ~ HU 10, VA 13↑, RA 1, FO 1

They might not even do a NE/EU DLC. IF PSPo2i goes west, they might put it in there. key word being might.

I like how some people are saying "It's simply too much effort, time, and money for Sega to translate about 5 missions and incorporate about 5 DLC items!!!"

Just comes off as laziness to me, seeing as the missions are usually so short, and actually, a bad move for Sega since they could have made money off some of the aesthetic item micro-transactions. Meaning, minimal effort, more money.

But, don't get me wrong. Has no effect on me since I can muddle through basic Japanese because of college, and the DLC workaround exists.
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

It is said that PSPo2:i does include all PSPo2 and some PSPo1 DLC missions and all free DLC weapons integrated as drops. Therefore if they localize PSPo2:i then we will get a translation and a little catch up on the DLC. So I guess let's all just sit and wait until 2013 for PSPo2:i to get some easily translated text bubbles.