Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Pretty much my first CoD! I playied the others but very little. I think its a great game, love the zombie addition to it, its scary and quite hard lol! One thing about it is that everyone complaining about is the amount of Dcs, lag, crashes, restarts, and random shit happening while playing CoD. Also it can be impossible to get a game with your friends and randoms when playing online Zombies ;x.
    Infinite Love is the only Truth. Everything else is a Illusion.

Best CoD yet. Treyarch has proven themselves to me. I didn't like CoD 3 at all, so I skipped WaW. I'm glad I decided to get this. My favorite thing about the game is it's color. It's very colorful. I swear that when Infinity Ward was designing MW2 they just gave their artists a four color brown swatch to work with. BO has a nice variety of color and environmental change. From the few levels that I've played of the campaign so far, the presentation is top notch. The voice acting is very good and the story is surprisingly interesting. Zombies is a lot of fun to play. The maps are huge and the system works really well. Can't wait for more DLC Zombie maps. My least favorite part of the game is the multiplayer, but I expected this. I don't hate the multiplayer, it's just not suited to my play-style. I prefer games that take strategy and skill. CoD is not one of them. The only strategy is camp and kill people in two seconds. I still enjoy playing multiplayer, but I could live without it.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Pros:
    *Map designs are excellent.
    *Colors are excellent.
    **SPLIT-SCREEN MULTIPLAYER ONLINE
    *Customization is very in-depth.
    *Plenty of unlockables and challenges.
    *Zombies
    *Dead Ops Arcade
    *Campaign seems solid so far

Cons:
    *Lobby system is the worst I have ever seen (constantly losing people, wrong destination arrivals)
    *Lag appears a bit too often in multiplayer
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Another con, I'd say would be no multi-player campaign mode.
    :/

There's split-screen online play, but no split screen campaign...Makes total sense.

another con, its the same thing as MW2 which was the same thing as the one before it, which was the same as the one before that, etc etc... i played call of duty 3 and MW2 at a friends house and they're pretty much identical

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    another con, its the same thing as MW2 which was the same thing as the one before it, which was the same as the one before that, etc etc... i played call of duty 3 and MW2 at a friends house and they're pretty much identical
    What did you expect? Of course they would be the same.

Sorry but CoD3 is nothing like Modern Warfare.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Here's my thoughts:

Spoiler!

Sorry, but I just don't see the appeal of this series. It's just "Generic FPS Game #9001" for me.

If I had to pick one genre in which games have been overhyped and whored out this console generation, it's FPS's. Call of Duty, Halo, Killzone, Resistance, Fallout, Gears of War - all that shit. I'm not saying that they're bad games or anything, but a lot of them don't really do anything to make the genre any more innovative or interesting. There are some I like though, from what little I've seen and played of them: Fallout 3 for its RPG elements and exploration, Portal for its puzzles and platforming, and Half-Life 2 and Bioshock mostly for their storyline.

It's just that, when I look at most FPS's nowadays, I usually see one of three different scenarios:

1 - AMERRRRICUUUHHH vs. terrorists/Nazis/Russians/communists/nuclear threat in a major war setting

2 - Space marines vs. aliens in a futuristic, post-apocalyptic setting

3 - Some random guy usually by himself vs. zombies/monsters/his own visions in survival horror or sci-fi setting

...and that just really bugs me. But, I guess it's just developers sticking to what most gamers like and what will sell the most...

Of course, I'm probably really biased when I say all this because I really don't play FPS's that much anymore. I think the last ones I really ever got into were Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for N64, and playing the occasional old-school Unreal Tournament on PC with my friends with its 50 gajillion mods... and I guess Uncharted 2 (although it's 3rd-person) and the Metroid Prime games, but they also had some other elements to them.
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Nov 15, 2010 at 07:28 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    *Charlie Brown teacher sound*
    Please tell us the superior games you're playing. Items cannot consist of:

-Teenage boy with an unknown past, discovering hidden powers.

-Group of teenagers banding together to stop an effeminate antagonist. Can kill 200 people with his well-manicured fingernails.

-Wardrobes littered with zippers/belt buckles/chains/lanyards.

-Tiny 12 year old girls with their underpants showing, carrying 200lb rifles.

-Your tired old N64/PS1 collection.

Games with more cutscenes than gameplay don't count either.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.