Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    I created a Female Newman after finding quite a lot of stuff with my level 121 vanguard cast. Since I created her, I havn't gone back to the cast much.

I find Newmans great in all honesty. I got to level 100 and decided to join a S game to see how we stood. No missing, 500 damage with each hit on the enemies, it's like having EX traps on some bosses (with multiple hit zones). I out performed the other 2 players (level 120 or so?) in almost all areas.

Useless? I don't think so! Learn to play with them properly and you will be an asset to any team. I've lost count of the amount of people that said I have made them want to create a Force.

Oh, all this and I forgot to mention the tasty EVP. All enemies 20 levels lower than me, really can't touch me. Not to forget that most enemies 20 levels lower than you die in a square, square, triangle combo with the right tech equipped.

Ignore everyone that tells you newmans are useless, I fell into that trap when I first started.

Confuse is also a great SE totally underrated. Send 2 big enemies into confusion, get them attacking eachother then they kind of get stuck locked together alowing you to blast them with a quick chain building tech then finish them off.

One piece of advice I have is, don't worry if you are attacking enemies with the wrong tech, just use your best chain builder tech and make sure you use the correct tech for a finisher.

I would like to ask about this "casts being able to use buffs 2 tiers higher than fo's" business. Surely you mean the SUV Exusia Fluge which obviously can only be used at certain times? I can't see why you would even use that as an argument against buffs spam? How much of a waste is it using that SUV unit instead of a different one? Quite a bit when you have a force in the team that can break a SUV created chain on multiple enemies causing 2000+ damage on each.

Conclusion: Get a good team and your Newman will thrive!
    Pretty much all i was curious about. I'm a long time PSO player and from the experience i have had with the forces so far in this game, they have not changed too much, though i wish newmans would just get those nice tech boosts that the classes got in pso. (2xGI, RA,etc)

I don't think they are supposed to do serious damage since it would be the room nuking issue all over again. If you farm equipment (50%+ wands/rods) it seems like they would do much more damage, but asfar as buffs/debuffs are concerned they aren't matched. Yes, i hear about the casts and their SUVs, but it's only when the thing is charged...sort of like, i don't know...mag blast donation? This is great once they are charged and benefit the team to a huge extent, but while waitingfor them to charge, i think it's nice togive the team buffs and debuff enemies for them. It's a support class lol, not a damage class.

The "newmans/forces suck" thing also brings to mind a game called Monster Hunter Portable. There was an issue with the gun classes inthe game being called trash when it came out, and for the first two years after. Not after people have found the proper equipment and exploits, they are accepted as one ofthe better classes, but very much a challenge. I played MH for awhile, G rank missions...you don't get hit if you want to play the game. People keep saying newmans HP blah blah, but there is the huge pp bar, the skill to halve dodge rolls, and the fact that you can roll through anything. Experience from MH series make this game too easy when playing dodge...since this game is far, far more easy. (Though i enjoy it much more than MH...anything PS is my favorite thing ever...doing fanart of this game right now haha)

But anyway,thanks for the info. I just want to play support. If it can help the team, that is what i love to play. I let the others run in and cream a monster while i help everyone at once. You get levels, they beat things down better, and an s rank is usually a plus at the end lol. Just seems like a harder class to play than the beasts or something since they can die easily if you don't play it proper.
    Last edited by Omunall; Nov 9, 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    I would like to ask about this "casts being able to use buffs 2 tiers higher than fo's" business. Surely you mean the SUV Exusia Fluge which obviously can only be used at certain times? I can't see why you would even use that as an argument against buffs spam? How much of a waste is it using that SUV unit instead of a different one?
    This is an issue that quite annoys me actually! sure, the SUV may be theoretically much superior to force's buffs, but the SUV obviously requires filling up the blast bar, and therefore can only be used sporadically whereas a force can keep the buffs on all the time. And like you said, in some situations a damaging SUV would be more welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Omunall View Post
    Pretty much all i was curious about. I'm a long time PSO player and from the experience i have had with the forces so far in this game, they have not changed too much, though i wish newmans would just get those nice tech boosts that the classes got in pso. (2xGI, RA,etc)

I don't think they are supposed to do serious damage since it would be the room nuking issue all over again. If you farm equipment (50%+ wands/rods) it seems like they would do much more damage, but asfar as buffs/debuffs are concerned they aren't matched. Yes, i hear about the casts and their SUVs, but it's only when the thing is charged...sort of like, i don't know...mag blast donation? This is great once they are charged and benefit the team to a huge extent, but while waitingfor them to charge, i think it's nice togive the team buffs and debuff enemies for them. It's a support class lol, not a damage class.

The "newmans/forces suck" thing also brings to mind a game called Monster Hunter Portable. There was an issue with the gun classes inthe game being called trash when it came out, and for the first two years after. Not after people have found the proper equipment and exploits, they are accepted as one ofthe better classes, but very much a challenge. I played MH for awhile, G rank missions...you don't get hit if you want to play the game. People keep saying newmans HP blah blah, but there is the huge pp bar, the skill to halve dodge rolls, and the fact that you can roll through anything. Experience from MH series make this game too easy when playing dodge...since this game is far, far more easy. (Though i enjoy it much more than MH...anything PS is my favorite thing ever...doing fanart of this game right now haha)

But anyway,thanks for the info. I just want to play support. If it can help the team, that is what i love to play. I let the others run in and cream a monster while i help everyone at once. You get levels, they beat things down better, and an s rank is usually a plus at the end lol. Just seems like a harder class to play than the beasts or something since they can die easily if you don't play it proper.
    Debuffs aren't needed. Everything would be dead in the time it took you to debuff if it was a Vanguard party.

This isn't MH. It took a long time for people to realise how HBG worked because there's so many possibilities. MH has thousands of armor combinations. It only took a while BECAUSE there was such variety. This game does not have that. And FYI, Hammer is still better.

Dodge rolls suck, plain and simple. Instant block is superior in every way. You take no damage, you can get a JA'd attack off of it, that attack gains invincability frames, and it doesn't cost PP at all. And fuck off if you're gonna say something like "BUT U CANT IB AL TEH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well, that's what Evasion is for. It's better than instant blocking even, since you don't have to break your DPS to use it. And Force can't make use of this nearly as much as VG, becuase they A: Aren't close enough to be hit by things a lot of the time, and B: Don't have DPS to break. :P

As for newman PP, keep in mind they also have the SLOWEST regeneration. And regeneration is far more important for DPS. Your debuffs/buffs cost a crazy amount of PP already. You're not gonna have a ton left unless you only use Psycho Wands, and even then, it's still rather pointless.

Yeah, force can keep buffs on all the time, but CASTs with Wild Blast can build their guage within the first couple rooms, and like I said, still have access to 2nd tier buffs anyway.

I'm not trying to sound like a jackass here, but you asked a question. I'm just trying to give you an honest answer, even though you seem to just be looking for people blind to the suck-a-tude of Force for emotional support. ;/
    Last edited by Alexandria; Nov 9, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    I'm not trying to sound like a jackass here,
    I'm sorry, but really?

And FYI, Hammer is still better.

Dodge rolls suck, plain and simple. Instant block is superior in every way.

And fuck off if you're gonna say something like "BUT U CANT IB AL TEH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well, that's what Evasion is for.

you seem to just be looking for people blind to the suck-a-tude of Force for emotional support. ;/
    Especially the last one >.>

Oh, did you make a decent post? I must of missed it. Saying EX traps are situation is just laughable. I like how you always try to claim ranged as the best in whatever game you play, and even when you're wrong you spew mindless bullshit to call the other class worse.
    Ok, not trying to start some sort of flame-war here, but really? tone it down a tad please?
    Last edited by Crimson The FOmar; Nov 9, 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson The FOmar View Post
    I'm sorry, but really?

Especially the last one >.>

Ok, not trying to start some sort of flame-war here, but really? tone it down a tad please?
    I said I wasn't TRYING to sound like a jackass.
    And Hammer IS still better than HBG. For anything other than like, a real big Plesioth or something.

And wat? Wrong thread, dood.

I said I wasn't TRYING to sound like a jackass.
    And Hammer IS still better than HBG. For anything other than like, a real big Plesioth or something.

And wat? Wrong thread, dood.
    I was aware of that obviously, but not much point posting trying to get you to tone it down a bit on both threads, I may as well of started a whole thread about it, hahaha, or in retrospect taken it to PM's

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Dodge rolls suck, plain and simple. Instant block is superior in every way. You take no damage, you can get a JA'd attack off of it, that attack gains invincability frames, and it doesn't cost PP at all.
    Hmm...Maybe it's because I've played too much PSZ, but I tend to mix in a few dodge rolls with my perfect blocks to get behind the enemy and avoid more potential attacks (it also reminds me of Link's counter-attcks in Wind Waker, so I love doing it). But, avoiding Dodge roll altogether except for field traps seems worthwhile; 1 more AP for another ability, less PP consumed and more DPS. Guess I'll change my playstyle a tad and see how it goes. Thanks a bunch for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson The FOmar View Post
    I was aware of that obviously, but not much point posting trying to get you to tone it down a bit on both threads, I may as well of started a whole thread about it, hahaha, or in retrospect taken it to PM's
    It may sound like I'm badmouthing your class, which in a lot of ways, I am, but I don't mean it like that. There simply is a HUGE gap between the 2, and I'm just trying to show that. Someone asked if Force is on par with other classes, and they're not. Has anyone actually cleared Gemaga at all with just techs or tech based weapons? I've only heard of people finding it impossible and asking for help, while Vanguard can clear it in a minute and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Hmm...Maybe it's because I've played too much PSZ, but I tend to mix in a few dodge rolls with my perfect blocks to get behind the enemy and avoid more potential attacks (it also reminds me of Link's counter-attcks in Wind Waker, so I love doing it). But, avoiding Dodge roll altogether except for field traps seems worthwhile; 1 more AP for another ability, less PP consumed and more DPS. Guess I'll change my playstyle a tad and see how it goes. Thanks a bunch for the info.
    I've been practising perfect blocking recently, albeit with a rifle It's funny to block a charge off something like an Orcdillan and get pushed all over the place, or block a Megid and have it pass right through you causing no damage...

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Has anyone actually cleared Gemaga at all with just techs or tech based weapons? I've only heard of people finding it impossible and asking for help, while Vanguard can clear it in a minute and a half.
    Only thing that can be cleared with Techs is the mobs, 2 of the Vol bros (the last one has that annoying tech resistance, so it makes it loooong) and the Shizuru clones, but you have a far greater chance of actually hitting the real Shizuru with your diga spam and getting countered with his sword wave for that (if you're quick enough, you can block it, though). But, the pause in the real Shizuru's attack pattern might be long enough for a tech to be cast. Alas, the battle will take a LONG while again. Funny thing is, forces are better off playing it like a Vanguard; spam your twin saber skills, and vomit your traps on the boss.