Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    Saying EX traps are situation is just laughable.
    No, it's a fact. I have vanguard leveled up as well, there is no way that class can compete with the DPS of rangers, they're just good when monsters or bosses are stupidly annoying.

I like how you always try to claim ranged as the best in whatever game you play
    I don't claim it, I prove it.

and even when you're wrong you spew mindless bullshit to call the other class worse.
    First you'd have to prove me wrong, lol. Seeing your posts, there, you won't.

BD does more DPS than any 2 chain>D-charge loop you can do.
    As I mathematically proved, you're wrong.

Vanguard has the 2nd highest ATA mod, so that fixes any ATA issues
    At what level, again? Because even a cast vanguard has trouble hitting monsters at Lv150+, so a beast...

And I can deal 8000-10000 on a 3~5 chain.
    rofl, yeah, right. Even Anga Jabroga is not that powerful.

Get some real numbers

And that was ages ago. You're the only one making up shit, here, all I use are hard mathematical facts.

Also, unlike you, I do not use awful grammar.
    Last edited by AlexCraig; Nov 9, 2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Removed insult.

Anyways, yeah, 10K. With as low as a 5 hit chain BD does 1000 each hit. With that chain, I have enough time to get both hits out JA'd, and the last hit hits for about 700 each without a chain at all. Every hit hits 4 times each. 1000 x 8=8000+2800=4 x 700=(10800) Let's also not forget the fact that BD can hit 3 targets every hit. Even better than a Shotgun's 2 hit splash damage that never works 100%. And again, I'm using 10*'s with no PA properties. Gimme a couple levels and I'll get back to ya on those stats.
    Last edited by Mike; Nov 9, 2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: removing insult

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Where'd you get those numbers from? I wasn't aware of that.
    Japanese Wiki, of course.

Each level of Shifta is +4% attack/tech (starting from 11%). Each level of Deband is +7% defense/evasion/mental (starting from 38%).
    Last edited by Pillan; Nov 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Japanese Wiki, of course.

Each level of Shifta is +4% attack/tech (starting from 11%). Each level of Deband is +7% defense/evasion/mental (starting from 38%).
    Well then why da fuck does everyone keep saying every level is 10%? I got my original information from here and figured it was right. This is disappointing. I thought Exusia ATP buff seemed a little lacking, but I figured it was just jumbled up in all the other modifiers.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

As far as the "best" race for Vanguard, every race has missions where they complete quicker than the other races.

In fact, there are a few S-rank missions in which Hunter completes faster than Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I don't claim it, I prove it.
    Prove it. Solo MAX I - III on S. I have times for MAX I - III S. The MAX's are good for comparing classes at the end game. Do them as fast as you can and we can compare.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

Quote Originally Posted by MOHFL View Post
    At this point everyone is using Vanguards' EX Traps and Twin Sabers' Blade Destruction to smoke through levels.
    Not me. I don't just play for "efficiency" or whatever the cool kids are calling it nowadays. I'm a Hunter, and yes, I use Blade Destruction when I feel the urge, but I also use every other two-handed striking weapon (save for Longswords..ugh), and single saber/shield combo. That said, I have no trouble doing any missions.

That's all I got to add, I guess.

One thing easy to forget in this discussion is that both circumstances and goals matter. I also had arguments with Kef about what stuff worked 'best', where we ended up having greatly different views just because we played under different circumstances, which greatly influenced the usefulness of things like Incapacitate and traps. Here's some:

- Are you over-leveled? (okay, specified as high in first post)
    - Do you play solo or in a party? (would make the question useless, as there's synergy in having multiple classes)
    - If solo, story or multi/online?
    - Do monsters have hp mods (like the 50% one in Magashi)?
    - How long are the missions?
    - If you're in a party, are the non-VAs willing to buy traps as well?

Even if you can answer the question for certain circumstances, the fact that won't necessarily hold for all circumstances makes most conclusions from it useless. Is the solo end-game class-convergent? Okay. Everyone online picking that same race/class combination for slightly higher solo capability despite the fact it'll slow down online parties? Great...

Also, surely this is a troll thread, as race cannot even be judged before specifying what class, as otherwise the thread is still about classes, not races.

Srsly, make a TA contest for all stages with different people advocating different races/classes participating with those. Then you know.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

CAST SUPREMACY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    [...]
    Yes, this is true, but I have always told you that you found incapacitate and traps useful only because you played mostly while being (greatly) underlevelled.
    After Lv140, traps had become obsolete, DPS-wise. After Lv160, incapacitate had become obsolete even when soloing missions in multiplayer modes.