Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Reikou View Post
    tbqh for "tips on how to play PSPo2."

well, there really isn't any. Play it the way you want, enjoy the game. Dying a few times isn't going to make or break the game, and almost anything and everything can be reversed.

So... yeah.. just know what you're getting into... which is hours upon hours of grinding. If you're surefine with that, then it should be ok.
    I'd say basically this.

You don't want to scare her away by giving her tasks she HAS to get done. It should be enjoyable, not a chore.

Maybe just explain to her the basics of combat: blocking, dodging, elemental resistances, Mirage blasts and such. Then just let her go to town.
    » PSOW IRC'rs group! «
    Events, screenshots, and chocolate-coated presents inside!

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Haha. We know it's grind-worthy especially since I've played Blue Burst so freaking much, but got burnt out on not being able to play a melee/support tech with the weapons I'd like in PSU.

But, she did just grab it at Best Buy. Gonna start her up on it tonight.

Also, Ami, the tip about farming scapes is actually a lifesaver. I really do hate the 1-limit- because I can't farm em more easy.

It should be fine. A lot of these tips actually helped me too since I've overlooked a lot.
    Last edited by Fayorei; Nov 17, 2010 at 10:11 PM.
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

If you want a class that does a bit of everything: Play a Vanguard

If you're playing a Vanguard: BUY EX TRAPS

Other than that...experiment. You'll never know what you'll find.

Don't forget that you can toss stuff you're carrying into Storage at ANY time, even during a run. So if you find a Scape Doll while you're holding one.....

Vanguards are good at anything so they're GREAT for experimenting with. Try out all the different weapon types to see which ones you like best. Remember you can ALWAYS go back to the Type Counter and switch your Weapon Skills around.

Carrying a Rod with Shifta, Deband, Resta and Zalure on it is a good idea. Early on, you'll only be able to buff yourself with Shifta and Deband but once you find 11+ versions, you'll be able to buff the party. If you're having trouble hitting a monster, try running close to it and casting Zalure. Resta is nice to top off your HP after a tough fight. The Techs you link to Triangle spots will break the Chain so I put Shifta and Resta in there because keeping the party's Defence up and Hitting the monsters is more important than wholloping them (thats what PAs are for) or casting a slow heal during a fight (Mates are MUCH faster). Then you'll be able to safely cast Deband and Zalure DURING a tough fight WITHOUT breaking the Chain.