Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ishia View Post
    PSO would do great on the PSP, but then it woudn't do great on the PSP? Make up your mind.
    I think he was saying that, although he thinks it'd sell well, it'd do so at the cost of sales of other Phantasy Star games. (PSP2i, PSO2, and anything else released in there).

thanks Seth thats what i was trying to say...sorry for the misundertanding guys

Yeah well if PSO isn't so popular then why would they even bother making an announcement of PSO2. Why not just call it something else...? This obviously points out that the game was a huge success.

And porting the game to PSP wouldn't require them to spend that much money. Ports are great for companies b/c it IS a port. Your not having to recreate anything, if anything you just touch up on the interfaces and such.

Lastly...
    How many times has PSO been re-released?
    DC
    DC.2
    GC
    Xbox
    PC...?
    One person might think its lived its lifespan...It has and it hasn't.

Oh! Lets not forget the fact that they made PSP1/2, and PSZero which were all trying to be based off PSO in one way or another. If PSO wasn't popular...I doubt they would of even attempted to continue making online Phantasy Star games.

Honestly I was sold with Phantasy Star IV...The fact that they made one of my favorite games online was a shock...I would of been happy had they kept continuing the offline franchise.
    ☆PSO☆

PSO portable is on the DS in PSZ

Quote Originally Posted by Lunariancrystal View Post
    Yeah well if PSO isn't so popular then why would they even bother making an announcement of PSO2. Why not just call it something else...? This obviously points out that the game was a huge success.

And porting the game to PSP wouldn't require them to spend that much money. Ports are great for companies b/c it IS a port. Your not having to recreate anything, if anything you just touch up on the interfaces and such.

Lastly...
    How many times has PSO been re-released?
    DC
    DC.2
    GC
    Xbox
    PC...?
    One person might think its lived its lifespan...It has and it hasn't.

Oh! Lets not forget the fact that they made PSP1/2, and PSZero which were all trying to be based off PSO in one way or another. If PSO wasn't popular...I doubt they would of even attempted to continue making online Phantasy Star games.

Honestly I was sold with Phantasy Star IV...The fact that they made one of my favorite games online was a shock...I would of been happy had they kept continuing the offline franchise.
    Holy shit. Its popular in JAPAN for the millionth time. All those platforms you mentioned, they all died NA/EU side long before JP did. NA/EU generates just enough profit for there to be a localization of such games.

Phantasy Star Portable 1/2 and PSZ are not trying to be PSO, they are borrowing references from the game for the nostalgia. PSO is horribly outdated now and you are a fool if you think its better than PSU/P mechanics-wise. Do not let nostalgia blind you.

Also, porting the game? That would require SEGA's assistance. Look how they did with Phantasy Star Universe to the Xbox 360 and Bayonetta to the PS3. It would be terrible.

Nostalgia? Kinda hard to have nostalgia when you never left the game, yo. Chill out. We get that PSO is not coming back to a new gen system (especially with the new PSO2 comig out). No need to freak out because some user disagrees with you.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

just because it takes good gameplay elements from a previous game does not mean it is trying to copy it. PSZ and PSP2 both took player complaints into consideration and tried to fix the problems. some of the answers to the problems came from gameplay machanics PSO used.

also, continuing a know franchise is usually a good idea. an already established seires such as phantasy star has lots of dedicated players (all the people on this forum for example), and many of them will buy the game regardless of its quality. this means garenteed sales on top of sales to new players.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Sealed J-Sword Drop FAIL Robocop II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunariancrystal View Post
    Well then whats the point of Sega making PSP1/2...? Lots of people bought the game in Japan. If they had released PSOBB onto the PSP it would of sold just as many copies as PSP1/2 because people were expecting PSP to be closer to PSO - Thats what I expected at least. I, as well as many other people, thought PSP was just a cheap rip off of PSU with 'some' PSO elements. It doesn't play the same at all.

As far as US popularity, I'd agree, but most of the people who play PSP/PSO/PSU etc, are JPN.

Idk, it's something I've always wanted to see happen. PSO would work brilliantly on a PSP...thats why I was so excited for PSP2 but it still felt like the same old PSU junk;;
    Agreed, I played PSP and disliked it immediatlly, then picked up PSP2 hoping it would be different, nope wrong again, geez what crap. I would pick up PSO for the PSP in a heartbeat, add an episode and some new items or something and I would be set! I would play that so much more than I would PSP2

Lunariancrystal is awesome. I agree with him and bitch quite a bit about such things like PSO coming on PSP. Let's be friends.