Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Console?

Question Console?

I know it's just speculation at this point, but what do you guys think the odds are of PSO 2 coming to 360/PS3?

I played PSO Ep. 1&2 (and 3) back on the GC and Xbox and loved them, but wasn't feeling PSU after playing the demo. I feel that since the series started on consoles (and made the greatest impact there), it would be borderline offensive to not release PSO 2 on 360/PS3.

I'm not opposed to PC games (I'm a recovering WoW addict...), but PSO belongs on home consoles first, PC second. Let's not forget that the only active PSU servers are on a console...

I would go so far as to say I might pass on the game if it only hits PC (yeah, yeah: "one less idiot", "good riddance", etc., etc.). I know there are a lot of PC players out there and on these boards, but it just seems unnatural to me to play PSO on a PC (no offense to anyone here).

Anyways, just seeing what the general feelings on the game being PC-only were. I was shocked that there wasn't already a post along these lines.

-Cam

Quote Originally Posted by CDOG14515 View Post
    Let's not forget that the only active PSU servers are on a console...
    Japan doesn't exist.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

At this point, it doesn't feel confirmed to me that it will be PC only, but currently that's what it appears to be. I have a hunch we'll see console versions.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I don't think it will ever be on a console, and personally I hope it never does.

If it's on the PC, then it will be a lot more easier to patch updates, fix problems, and add new feature to the game. The fact that they are putting it on the PC to me means that they are trying to keep better tabs on the community.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ~Assassins

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I personally agree that it would be best to remain on PC for those reasons, but depending on their team size and financial goals, making console versions could or could not benefit them.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

dude i am with you. im just stoked that they are coming out with another PSO. and it would just be a smart thing to put PSO on the 360. i would buy it in a heart beat

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero72 View Post
    dude i am with you. im just stoked that they are coming out with another PSO. and it would just be a smart thing to put PSO on the 360. i would buy it in a heart beat
    PSU 360. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishia View Post
    PSU 360. Think about it.
    You're implying that there was ever a version of PSU that wasn't one giant mistake.

PSO2 being cross-platform on both the PC and 360 could work out very well if they worked with Microsoft and designed the game properly.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

But then the PC version would have to be shaped to the 360 version of PSO2 which is a bad idea because you'd be losing out PC wise, like through more consistent updates, more add on content (its mandatory you charge for 360 DLC), regional barriers, a bunch of stuff. the list goes on.

I'd rather play with other countries on PC rather than play with people in my region on 360

Final Fantasy XI is on the XBox 360 and doesn't suffer from lack of content updates or region locks or anything of that matter. Final Fantasy XI also installs every bit of data to the Hard Drive, so I'm sure that would be something PSO2 would need to do if it could be announced for the 360.

But the point is, There wouldn't really be any setbacks for 360 or PS3, having the ability to store massive amounts of data on the Hard Drive. The only drawback would be if PC, PS3, and 360 players couldn't play together, like they did with PSU.

But a counterpoint: Final Fantasy XI is available to play online with a Free account on 360. PSU is not. Final Fantasy XIV is not on the 360 because they couldn't make the same Free deal with Microsoft like they did with XI, when Microsoft gave the 'okay' while trying to push the 360 as an online-capable machine.

Not that's it's much of a counterpoint, but I know that's why I chose to play PSU on PC rather than on the 360. Gold costs AND Guardian's License costs? No thanks. Today I think most people have a Gold account (who own a 360), so it really wouldn't be a big deal.