Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Portable 2 awarded !

So it seems that our beloved game won an award recently ! While the Platinum went to a "Fantasy" game, Phantasy Star Portable 2 managed to snag the Gold at the 2010 Playstation Awards.

Read this
    Final Fantasy XIII Nabs Top Honors at 2010 PlayStation Awards

It qualified for the Gold since (apparently) it's had over 500,000 copies sold. Sadly, I doubt that North American sales have contributed to this number significantly. But hopefully this will change with time. Go Phantasy Star !!!

P.S. Sorry if this is old news or no one cares ><
    Last edited by Pavichokche; Dec 8, 2010 at 12:51 PM.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Nice. I'm still very curious about God Eater. I have $40 in my PSN wallet, yet I am not so sure that I want to blow it all on one game.

A huge side-note, but does anyone know if Patapon 2's price of $7.99 is a permanent price drop, or just a sale?
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Yay to both FFXIII and PSPo2! I'll read the article later .

-Wayu

Can sega recoup? From the looks of things... Hell Yes.

I don't think FFXIII deserved the Platinum reward...not saying that PSPo2 did either but it wasn't that good to me. Not once did I care about any of the characters with the exception of Snow and Sahz. I didn't really feel the urge to play more because it never felt like there was a build-up to something cool happening. I hated the gameplay...er...the movies...or whatever you wanna call it. There wasn't enough actual gameplay...I could go on and on ranting.

Hopefully PSPo2:i is released here in the US and advertised appropriately. Seems like the only thing Sega cares about is Sonic. I don't even remember Bayonetta getting advertised that much either. It was just praised by Game reviewers and such. I think PSPo2:i has the potential to be a big hit.

Pursuant of the Red Box Checkmate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    I don't think FFXIII deserved the Platinum reward...not saying that PSPo2 did either but it wasn't that good to me. Not once did I care about any of the characters with the exception of Snow and Sahz. I didn't really feel the urge to play more because it never felt like there was a build-up to something cool happening. I hated the gameplay...er...the movies...or whatever you wanna call it. There wasn't enough actual gameplay...I could go on and on ranting.
    Everyone I know that bought FF13 was purely due to fanboyism, yet still hated it because the first 6+ hours of the game felt like a tutorial. The characters were both unbelievable and dull. While the graphics shined, the gameplay and storyline fell short. Just another product to fund the next online FF game or spin-off of FF7...

PSPo2 easily trumps this game even with it's flaws but I guess some folks out there actually liked FF13... Vive la Phantasy!!!
    Hi, I'm Checkmate and I approve this message.

Paid for by stealing your bike, bootlegging CDs and in-theatre movies out the trunk of your teenage daughter's car.

PSO 2 Char: Newtype Ship/Block: 10/20
    FO Lv40; HU Lv5; RA Lv5

There's already a new FF online game. FFXIV.

FFXIII was annoying until chapter 12. Then it got fun. Can't wait for Versus, which supposedly is more of an action game.

Were the awards based on JP sales or global sales?

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    There's already a new FF online game. FFXIV.

FFXIII was annoying until chapter 12. Then it got fun. Can't wait for Versus, which supposedly is more of an action game.

Were the awards based on JP sales or global sales?

-Wayu
    My bet is that it's based on JP sales.

The awards I see here are more towards Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and such. The major giveaways were, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd, Wizardry Torawareshi tamashii no meikyu, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Deluxe Pack 1, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Dreamy Theater, and Weekly Toro Station.

Although some of the titles have some renown, they were never released or seen around in the states.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

pfft, never got to finish XIII. I think I got to Chapter 5? Was having fun though, maybe I'll finish it off... afaik Platinum games is overseas only, they have another thing for Japan don't they? THE BEST or something like that.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

I had headaches putting the FF13 disc back in after two hours of play ._.
    Traded it in for MonHan Tri at release though, profit!
    [LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09