Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    ^

Once again, selective presentation. Leave stuff for the potential players to discover for themselves, is what I think blace is getting at.

-Wayu
    Not exactly, it's just that the game series itself hasn't presented itself much within the last 10 years or so since PSO.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitBass View Post
    So it needs to be a surprise to the unsuspecting players that Phantasy Star has an amine influenced art stye? Doesn't the article pic or even the box art with the pink hair already imply that?
    Doesn't neccesarily need to be put aside as a surprise, but you could focus more on the game play, as some players like myself, are interested in what it offers, besides shiny weapons and a large array of clothing to choose from. Some of us would like to know how well the games combat is compared to most others and why we should give it a try.

The anime art style chosen for this game is already done, and well you can't judge a book by it's cover. You need to be more in-depth with other things too, like how well is the story? Is the game's replayability high? Will there be a continuation of the game?

Little things like that will probably draw in more potential players.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Okay, so I probably read his post incorrectly, or maybe the wrong way. Nevermind. I do agree with blace, though.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    Okay, so I probably read his post incorrectly, or maybe the wrong way. Nevermind. I do agree with blace, though.

-Wayu
    you both have a point about the combat. The problem is that I could write 3 articles alone on the combat and how it compares to other action RPG's. I was hoping that the sheer variety would imply that the combat is varied with so many weapons and styles.

Now that I think about it, the combat is fun in PSP2, but I am not sure if it is the best action RPG combat, let alone if that is what draws me personally to the series.

For the sake of digestion, I didn't want to weigh down the article with too many details about how the swords swing etc.
    Last edited by 8bitBass; Dec 1, 2010 at 02:04 AM.
    PSP2 Character: "Nova" Female Newman Force

The combination or style, theme and gameplay has kept me a fan of the series for almost 10 years.

What about you guys? What is it with the series that made you love it?

For the sake of digestion, I didn't want to weigh down the article with too many details about how the swords swing etc.
    The combat statement was a suggestion, you could include things like the collaboration items included in the game.

I know some westerners that would love the Vocaloid collabs and other things from other anime's or games, like Fate/Stay Night.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    The combat statement was a suggestion, you could include things like the collaboration items included in the game.

I know some westerners that would love the Vocaloid collabs and other things from other anime's or games, like Fate/Stay Night.
    I have no idea what those items are and even if I did they're just minutia when compared to the overall draw that I feel to the game.

N
    You need to be more in-depth with other things too, like how well is the story? Is the game's replayability high? Will there be a continuation of the game?

Little things like that will probably draw in more potential players.
    Honestly the story sucks, so I could not buff that up any. Loot gathering implies an almost infinite replay value vs a great story etc.

At this point, we are not sure whether infinity is coming out to the West, and why should people care about a sequel if they have never even played the game?lol
    Last edited by 8bitBass; Dec 1, 2010 at 02:14 AM.

I have no idea what those items are and even if I did they're just minutia when compared to the overall draw that I feel to the game.
    Well just for that reason alone, I have met people that only played because it featured Hatune Miku's clothing.

Honestly they story sucks, so I could not buff that up any. Loot gathering implies an almost infinite replay value vs a great story etc.
    Yeah it sucks, it sucks even more compared to the older games that came out before. How bout including the title system? Like how each title is a challenge to gain a place in personal ranks, gaining new weapons and the like?

At this point, we are not sure whether infinity is coming out to the West, and why should people care about a sequel if they have never even played the game?lol
    The chances will be higher if people are actually buying the game, thus supporting Phantasy Star in the western world. Some games I never got into, Patapon for example, only became interesting when I heard there was going to be a sequel and then another sequel after it. Which made me into a fan of the games, all because I knew there might be a possible sequel in the future.

Well just for that reason alone, I have met people that only played because it featured Hatune Miku's clothing.
    And that would be about 0.00000001% of our readers.

How bout including the title system? Like how each title is a challenge to gain a place in personal ranks, gaining new weapons and the like?
    Title system is not in my opinion a top ten reason to rush out and buy PSP2. Just my opinion. Getting into this would just bog down the article with too many details for the non-fan.

The chances will be higher if people are actually buying the game, thus supporting Phantasy Star in the western world. Some games I never got into, Patapon for example, only became interesting when I heard there was going to be a sequel and then another sequel after it. Which made me into a fan of the games, all because I knew there might be a possible sequel in the future.
    "Maybe there will be a sequel someday" is not a top 10 reason to get this game.

I know those can't be reasons as those reasons you listed are already good enough, I'm just saying you can include minor details that are not part of the reasons, but moreso a personal review of the game.

I know those can't be reasons as those reasons you listed are already good enough, I'm just saying you can include minor details that are not part of the reasons, but moreso a personal review of the game.
    I understand you. I too love all the little details, but my article was not a review of the game. It was an editorial aimed to get people's attention on what a great game this is.

Complicating it with little minor details, even in a full review is dicey at best. People can explore that stuff on their own. I would personally never want to read a game review longer than a couple pages. People just don't want to make the time.

The article has now been on N4G for an hour, and take a look for yourself. A couple people want to get the game as they didn't know the basics like -it is free, or operates on wifi etc.

http://n4g.com/news/655768/10-reason...portable-2/com