Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Ban blue McNuggets Save Rappies PinkyMonkey's Avatar

Overall a nice read, though as far as constructive criticism goes

1. I too might have an issue with the anime thing.. but really don't think it's that important

2. You may wish to make some reference to the diablo-esque game play (hack n' slash.. yes I realize diablo is not the founding game of this genre but it is the most well known). Perhaphs some comparisons to Monster Hunter as that is popular on the PSP I know.

3. Maybe go into a bit more depth about the four classes and perhaps address some of the balance issues. While I know this is a hype piece so to speak (and not saying this negatively) class balance can confer to play-style and player chosen difficulty settings to might be worthy of mention.

4. Stylistically form a structural standpoint I would mention vanity character customization and room/decorations in one section rather than have them split up in two places.

5. Oops and I don't think I saw any mention of he DLC and promotion codes.

Nice job and glad to see folks writing things about PS!

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitBass View Post
    I have to disagree. The whole series has a distinct anime feel/culture/look and you can clearly see that on the picture. People who like JRPG's/anime will get it, while the frat boys who play fallout are not the audience for this game anyways. Wouldn't you agree?

I would rather not sugar coat it.
    There is no if ands or buts about it. Definitely anime-feel. I love both.
    "Here is the map. All the info is there, except for the info that isn't there." -Onett Librarian
    Let's Play something.
    PSO2 Alpha:
    Level 20 HUnewearl:Level 20 RAmarl:Level 20 FOnewearl:Level 18 HUcaseal

@ Pinky, thanks for the feedback.
    PSP2 Character: "Nova" Female Newman Force

what is the problem with the "anime"-thing
    sorry but i think people that would be turned off by that
    are people, that don't like anime/japanes-like, and as such they would not like PSP2
    so where is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    what is the problem with the "anime"-thing
    sorry but i think people that would be turned off by that
    are people, that don't like anime/japanes-like, and as such they would not like PSP2
    so where is the problem?
    I think some here are trying to make a point that, the use of the term "anime" is an overgeneralization of the game and that some people may be turned off by that vs. giving the game a chance based off of its other merits.

Like I said before, if that is a hang up for some and that they avoid the game just because of the cover art, or the use of the word "anime," then that is their problem, and I am not going to overcompensate for people like that.
    PSP2 Character: "Nova" Female Newman Force

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitBass View Post
    I think some here are trying to make a point that, the use of the term "anime" is an overgeneralization of the game and that some people may be turned off by that vs. giving the game a chance based off of its other merits.

Like I said before, if that is a hang up for some and that they avoid the game just because of the cover art, or the use of the word "anime," then that is their problem, and I am not going to overcompensate for people like that.
    I salute you.

Overall, great article that really hit the game's key qualities. Everything else like dlc and such should be left to personal research, so great job! If I had read this prior to knowing the game, it would have inspired me to go and get it!

Kudos to you!
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."