Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That page isn't for suggestions but for messages of encouragement. Like"I've been waiting for years for a new PSO, thanks!" or "I'm looking forward to PSO2." Not "We demand PSO2 to be blahblahblah."
    Mines was a mixture of both.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

1. Tell them to fire the idiots in Sega of America and to stop taking out the Japanese vocal tracks from the openings of games and making them into musical montages.
    2. Hire someone who knows about server security/game hacking.
    3. Please don't use peer to peer architecture.
    4. Timely English info and release.

Please, please...gear this game's feel away from a kid's game. Maybe something is lost in translation here for me. I've been an anime / jrpg fan since I was little, and I'm 26 now. PSU seems geared towards the same crowd that sees a preview for Sonic Colors and starts jumping up and down and running in circles reeeeeally fast.

At least gear it twards teenagers? I don't need gore or anything like that, but if I see anything that even comes close to the Vol Brothers in this game, it's going back to store from whence it came. Old school PS had a campy look to it, but the storyline was serious. Maybe that was a mistake or an accident on Sega's part, and they meant to put out a children's version of Final Fantasy. I doubt it, though.

I don't mean to be a jerk either, in case there are a bunch of 10-13 year olds on these boards. Please excuse me if that's the case. I don't read a terrible lot here, but with PSO2 on the horizon, I need to put my cents in someplace. I have a feeling somebody important might just browse through some of this stuff at some point.

I can tolerate big screw-ups with gameplay mechanics, graphics, etc. Even atrocious music is excusable as long as I get the ONE SINGLE THING that I've been longing for ever since I saw my first previews of PSO: A storyline that I can take seriously!!!! It doesn't even have to connect the other storylines!!! Just don't make me feel ashamed to show the game's offline mode to friends for crying out loud!!!! My girlfriend laughed me out of the house when I booted up PSU in a flurry of fanboyism. PSO would not have gotten that kind of response. Old school PS CERTAINLY would not--even to this day.

Again, maybe I'm just a dummy and PSU's style is actually what people who are old enough to remember PSO are asking for. For me: Don't make another mockery of my Phantasy Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaobo99 View Post
    (?) The return of Mags: [insert additional info]"
    Im pretty sure that Mags are gonna be in it. It is PSO after all and hopefully it wont be like the psu Mags.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I only really like that weird clothing change Idea if it means I get to henshin back n forth whenever I want between any outfit.

Otherwise I'd rather wear what I want whenever I want (ie: T-shirt and Jeans on the frontline of battle.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

How do you say "You'd better not fuck this up, or so help me I will track down every last member of Sonic Team responsible and firebomb your goddamned houses" in Japanese?

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Google translate churned this out:

あなたは、この交流より性交しないだろうか私はすべての最後を追跡する私を助けて
    ソニックチーム責任者のメンバーが、あなたのgoddamned住宅夷.

Dunno about the goddamned part. Honestly, though I'm Japanese, I don't know how to exactly say that lol...

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That page isn't for suggestions but for messages of encouragement. Like"I've been waiting for years for a new PSO, thanks!" or "I'm looking forward to PSO2." Not "We demand PSO2 to be blahblahblah."
    Exactly. There not looking for ideas. It's been ten years since PSO came out and I think we'd probably be better off not making demands as to how the game is designed. When PSU came out everyone was bitching that it wasn't like PSO, so I think what ever the game is we should acknowledge it as a new game and leave the designers to do there thing.

As for the game implementation, I think we have a little bit of say in that. The two points I'm concerned about are 1) A decent US release and 2) A non anime style "story" mode.

As far as writing it I was thinking of phrasing it like:

"Hello PSO2 Team,

This is a letter from PSO-World.com, an American Community of Phantasy Star Fans. We all really enjoyed Phatasy Star Online, and Phantasy Star Universe and we're looking forward to PSO2.

We really enjoyed the look and feel of PSO, so we're hoping to see a return to that. It was a lot more fun when you had quests which granted incite into the incident over all rather than being put in the center as a useless rookie and dragged along despite not contributing anything. PSO definitely had a great story telling technique and while we acknowledge it's a new game and it should speak for itself, we'd definitely appretiate a divergence from the PSZ, PSP2, PSU style of anime story telling.

Also living in America it feels like we've been quite neglected when it comes ot content. PSO almost never saw any new content and PSU is several years behind the Japanese schedule. In this release we're hoping you make the game an international release with the Japanese and Western servers linked (you can keep the communities separate if you want to).

Looking forward to the new game, we know that you have a lot in store and we're really looking forward to a new experience playing online.

Sincerely,
    PSOW"

-or something along those lines. To the OP, for a translator, either me or Espio.

It may be better to say "International Community of Phantasy Star fans". It carries more weight.

No mentioning of combat/class/race/mission/any system? We could bring it up somehow if the writer of this letter wishes.

-Wayu

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

It will be a letter of encouragement, but we can implement ideas into the core of the letter. I am also thinking we can mail more then one letter over time to add further encouragement and throw in ideas in small packages, it's NOT a letter of pure demands.
    Someone may or may not read the letter, but at the very least, if they do, it's possible for an idea to be considered, or recreated. Just have to note that no one here will get credit for said idea.