Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

125 56.05%
  • NO

98 43.95%
Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dongra View Post
    I don't really see how losing beasts could cause such an uproar.
    It wouldn't. Whatever waves are being caused or are being prophesied to ripple outwards later if Beasts aren't included is mere delusion brought on by a sense of entitlement by "established fans" and lack of relative perspective caused by frequenting Phantasy Star Universe community boards where already established Phantasy Star Universe players congregate.

I don't see where the OP is reading that "lots of people" will rage quit the series causing the game to flop if they don't bring Beasts back. Beasts are total non-issue in regards to PSO2's potential for success or failure. Seriously, when the game launches, the amount of new players picking the game up on whim or after reading a good review is going to absolute dwarf the current PSU userbase. Whatever concerns and screams of protest arise will be lost in a sea of noob chatter, of which none will be about the "unforgivable lack of beasts" with whom they are not familiar with and couldn't care less about.

This isn't World of Warcraft we're talking about here, where the game will need time to generate the momentum and numbers comparable to it's predecessor. The entirety of the US/Euro userbase, even if they hadn't shut down the PC/PS2 servers, won't even come close to PSO2's opening day sales.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Oh, lol well know you know, "And knowing is half the battle"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Spoiler!
    For Me I would like Beasts to be included in PSO2 because of the character that I have created through fan fiction of the Chronicles of the Black Hand with Shadow. However if they do not have beasts in PSO2 I will simply be very disappointed but by no means dose that mean I will refuse to play the game. I will simply be very disappointed and enjoy the game to its fullest as a class that is closets to the RAmarl class of PSO ep.1&2. And hope to god that they hit the head on the nail with the mood, atmosphere, music, etc like how PSO did for me and try to used what little good elements of PSU had in PSO2.

But you are also correct about Beasts being a non-issue on PSO2's potential for success as a game where if it turns out like PSU did then there was no point in including beasts. Although I think it will be that much better of a game if they are able to include beasts and have the same success as PSO did.
    Last edited by Skye-Fox713; Dec 4, 2010 at 06:00 AM.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Yeah, and now I know what that picture is about.

Losing Beasts would do little more than make this easier for SEGA and hard on those who were fans of them. That's it, really...we also have to take into consideration whether or not SEGA is looking at the US/EU consumers or the JP consumers. It's most likely the latter, so we better be prepared to have some disappointments.

Also, Skye, you misspelled 'Chronicles' in your signature picture lol.

-Wayu

Ehh, i'm a horrible speller, but that's why there's a spell check. but unfortunately photoshop doesn't have one

Quote Originally Posted by Skye-Fox713 View Post
    For Me I would like Beasts to be included in PSO2 because of the character that I have created through fan fiction of the Chronicles of the Black Hand with Shadow. However if they do not have beasts in PSO2 I will simply be very disappointed but by no means dose that mean I will refuse to play the game.
    Tell ya what, I'll compromise. You can have Beasts in PSO2 if I can have my Motavians. That way we can both piss off the PSO only purists simutaniously. Deal?

Last edited by Sinue_v2; Dec 4, 2010 at 06:23 AM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Tell ya what, I'll compromise. You can have Beasts in PSO2 if I can have my Motavians. That way we can both piss off the PSO only purists while we're at it. Deal?

Deal.
    Last edited by Skye-Fox713; Dec 4, 2010 at 06:29 AM.

You're going to have to convince SEGA one way or the other, first .

-Wayu

I thought Beastmen/women were based off from the Motavian race? I remember reading something along those lines on an old EGM magazine interview with Yuji Naka I read just a few days ago.

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

If you can convince me that beasts exist in the PSO2 universe, without being a fanservice insert, I'd gladly have them. Just please don't insert them as fanservice, there are better parts of the game for that, such as weapons and armor, as well as non canon quests. If you can't prove that beasts are a part of the PSO universe, implement them as a set of armor.

Anyways, I'm all for having them, but keep the canon content (races, story, etc) canon.

To answer the topic, yes. I'd love to se beasts in the new game because they're my favorite race. I like the idea of humans being the "all rounded", beasts the fighters and CASTs the gunners instead of having CASTs as the "best fighters" like on PSO. I think humans are meant to be the balanced race, and in that case, there has to be a fourth race to correspond one of the three basic classes along with Newmans and CASTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Padium View Post
    If you can convince me that beasts exist in the PSO2 universe, without being a fanservice insert, I'd gladly have them. Just please don't insert them as fanservice, there are better parts of the game for that, such as weapons and armor, as well as non canon quests. If you can't prove that beasts are a part of the PSO universe, implement them as a set of armor.

Anyways, I'm all for having them, but keep the canon content (races, story, etc) canon.
    I don't see why they wouldn't fit in the "canon". Beasts are just like newmans, they're genetic-engineered humans made to be slaves, same way that newmans (or numans) were created to act as a disposable soldiers. Same way they created numans they can create beasts. Simple as that. For me the reason they used in the PSU game was very possible and realistic and could fit perfectly in any other PSO game.
    Last edited by Darki; Dec 9, 2010 at 11:01 AM.