Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is the order of the PSU games story wise?

Topic.

I know we have PSU, PSU AOTI, PSU portable, PSU Portable 2, and PSU Portable Infinity.

In what order are these games story wise?

I have not played any of the portable ones so i'm curious.

PSU, PSP 1, PSU AOTI, PSP 2, PSP 2 Infinity

Here's if you want a more compete PS experience:

PS -> PS II -> PS III -> PS IV -> PSZ -> PSO Episode 1 -> PSO Episode 2 -> PSO Episode 4 -> PSO Episode 3 -> PSU Episode 1 -> PSP1 -> Shadow of the Arkguard Moving comic up to chapter 5 -> AotI Episode 2 up to Chapter 9 -> Arkguard chapter 6 and AotI Episode 2 chapter 10 are pretty much concurrent with each other -> AotI Episode 3 -> PSP2 -> PSP2 Infinity -> PSO2.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

I'm pretty sure PSZ takes place after PSO. That, and the links between the 3 universes haven't quite been officially made yet.

PSO and PSU are connected...somehow. I'd rather not guess at where they fall in the timeline, though I do agree that PSO2 would most likely fall at the end of the listing.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    Here's if you want a more compete PS experience:

PS -> PS II -> PS III -> PS IV ->
    Seth's right. PSZero takes place on Coral like 200 years after PSO.

Also, Phantasy Star III takes place either just after PSIV, or about 1,000 years after PSIV... depending on the version (JP or Eng). In either case, PSIII certainly ends after PSIV, since PSIV's storyline takes place over the course of a year or so, while PSIII's extends over three generations of heroes.

So it's: PS -> PSII -> PSIV -> PSIII -> PSO Ep I -> PSO Ep II -> PSO BB -> PSO Ep III -> PS0

And that's not counting PS:Gaiden (470 some years after PSI) and PS:Adventure (18 years before PSII). The Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD, set three years before PSIV. Or the PS II text adventures which chronicle the back stories of the PSII cast from various intervals before the main game. But hey, might as well toss them in you're adding Shadow of the Arkguard.

Also, PSU wouldn't necessarily have to take place chronologically after PSO or PS... since none of the main series are confirmed to be integrated yet, and (afaik) there is no known analogous year designation for PSU by which to compare. For instance, PS used the "Space Century" (SC) and AW "After Waizz" (AW) calenders, while PSO used the "After Unification War" (AUW). PSIV takes place in AW 2284, while PSO Ep I occurs in AUW 3084... 800 years later if connected. (AW and AUW could possibly refer to the same event, since Waizz Landale had the year designation named after him due to his military campaign that unified all of Palma... however since Mother Brain attempted to erase all traces of the Landale royal family from history so as to remove a significant challenge to her authority, it's possible that "AW" could eventually get changed to "AUW" since the fact that unification wars occurred were never contested... only that royal line extended from it. Though that would have to make Coral a "lost colony" of Algol from before the Great Collapse... since PSO's civilization definitely does NOT descend from Algol directly.)

/nitpick
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Dec 5, 2010 at 11:07 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

from latest vids of infinity it seems PSO PSU and Infinity are connected ie Pioneer 2 flying above the castle area....
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

Could be... or it could be Pioneer 3... or it could be just some *wink wink, nudge nudge* that's never explicitly or directly linked to PSO. Just like the Space Ship ruins on Ragol could be the Alisa III or the Neo-Palm, or a *wink wink, nudge nudge* to fans of the classics.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I thought I read somewhere that PSO is in an alternate dimension around the same time as PS IV?

Well, there "has to be" some connection. You're throwing timelines and arguments and theories but you're forgetting the obvious:

We have in PSU four areas related to PSO. Forest, Caves, Mines and Ruins. There's even a "VR dvice" that uses thoses areas and were created by a "Dr. Montague" found in Rycross, where Dark Falz appears (even if it's in the shape of a giant penisfish).

No matter what kind of connection is there, but there IS one, especially when it has been even part of the story mode (I mean, is not like putting the Soul Eater in the game and adding a pun description about "a parallel dimension", bassically the second half of the plot in Episode 3 revolves about that). And then in PSPo2 there's Olga Flow and that huge ship that probably is one of the Pioneers.

Then, throw any theory you want to make it make sense till official answer.