Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Busou Renkin was always one of my favorites, and highly underrated.

Koji - LV. 158 HU/VA
    Sakuya - LV. 78 VA
    Sarah - LV. 9 FO

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    *Nice post recommending Le Chevalier D'Eon and Black Lagoon*
    You have very good taste!

Anyways, some animes I liked and that you probably already saw:

Cowboy Bebop

Rurouni Kenshin (I prefer the manga for this one, though)

Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I (Watching the movie Zone of the Enders: I Dolo and playing both Z.O.E. games is recommended to fully enjoy and understand it though; gotta love them COCKpits ;3)

LE EDIT: OH MY GAWD. I can't forgive myself for not adding Hellsing ultimate here. Read the manga (including the cross fire specials, they're worth it) and watch the anime. You won't regret it.

...Just be careful of the mangaka's notes: he's one crazy guy.
    Last edited by Broken_L_button; Dec 9, 2010 at 05:18 PM.

Genshiken.

*Gasp* I'm surprised no one mentioned cardcaptors or lucky star... But who am i to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    You have very good taste!
    Thanks!

I'm a off-and-on fan of Cowboy Bebop, but who really isn't unless they're totally isolated from animation. It's like GitS in that appeals as much to western audiences as it does eastern, and strikes a chord even with people who don't like anime in general. So I'm definitely on the same page there.

Rurouni Kenshin, I might give a try again. It didn't really strike me as something I should be watching when it was on, and what little I did see of it was ruined by an online friend who was over enthusiastic about it to the point of turning me off to it. It's like CoD:MW2... where no matter how great it might be, the inflated hype and constant stream of friend and fanboy dross about how awesome it is and why don't you have it and.... bleh... it just has the opposite effect, and I start resenting the game or show or whatever for what it's turned my friends into. *shrug* I'll give it another try eventually, but I'm in no real hurry.

Zone of Enders I've been meaning to check out for awhile now, but I can't find it in my area or stream it over the net. Might just rent it from Netflix, but they way they handle multi-disk titles is cumbersome and can end up quite a lengthy process to get to the end. I remember hearing how great the game was, but I missed out on playing it... so I know nothing of the ZoE story or world other than it has mechs.

I can't forgive myself for not adding Hellsing ultimate here Read the manga (including the cross fire specials, they're worth it) and watch the anime. You won't regret it.
    Way ahead of you. All 10 volumes of the manga, the 4 disk Gonzo series, and Ultimate OVA 1-4 (5-7 I watched via raws and fansubs on Youtube). His new series, Drifters, is shaping up to be quite epic as well, though it'll probably take even longer than Hellsing to really get cooking.

Also: Nasu no Yoichi is a Bridget caliber trap. Hirano can be a real dick sometimes.
    Spoiler!

...Just be careful of the mangaka's notes: he's one crazy guy.
    I dunno about crazy... mostly what I got out of it was he likes Gundam, he's lazy, and is a proud chronic masturbater. Maybe he just has a touch of the ADHD, or a taste of the the Crack Cocaine. I don't know what to make of Luke and Jan's Paper Humanity Corner yet. I get the feeling that if I ever "got it", I would probably walk away from the strip more confused if I hadn't understood it... and that the strip is actually doing me a favor of sorts by being so damned random and incomprehensible.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Dec 9, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Ichigeki Sacchu Hoihoi-san is a pretty fun manga, despite the somewhat under-localized title. It's only got one volume as far as I know, but it's a series about toy robots that kill bugs, which is awesome.

Also, Mushi-shi, Cromartie High School, Gurren Lagann and Slayers if no one said those yet.

Gundam the 08th MS Team...
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    Kami no mizo shiru Sekai (The world God only knows)
    Arakawa under the Bridge
    Working!!
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    Armored Troopers Votoms
    Patlabor
    Canaan
    Eden of the East
    Welcome to NHK
    To aru majutsu no Index
    To aru kagaku no Railgun
    Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Eden of the East.
    Forgot this one. Definitely a good one... Maybe even my favorite.

Bobobo is comedy manga/anime (generally you either love it or despise it) which pokes fun at major themes in anime such as thinking of a painful moment in the past to gain your second wind - or fan service.
    Last edited by Chukie sue; Dec 9, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
    Respekt.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Welcome to NHK
    This.

I'm not too familiar with anime or manga and I'm pretty picky when it comes to watching a series. Welcome to the N.H.K. was amazing. It's a psychological drama with some demented humor mixed into it.

I've recently been checkin out Kaze No Stigma, and it's a pretty good anime. Sadly, I just recently found out the author of that show passed away a while back, so the series is on hold
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***