Default Sorry erm, just some questions about PSP and PSZ! :)

Hiya! Sorry if these have come up before, sometimes it just takes so long to search a whole forum for all your qs! hehe

I was wondering, I've never played PSP or PSZ before - do both or either of them have shops and rooms? I think I saw a video of someone's room in PSP - I love the rooms and shops in PSU, it's one of my favourite features!

Also do either have the main ship and planets like in PSU? Basically there is so much of PSU's like... extra sections that I loved, not just the actual combat - I probably spent more time just hanging out on the ship and stuff than actually playing!!

Erm, yeah I was just wondering, as I don't wanna be let down! hehe

And is there voice chat? That rules too!

(again sorry if this has all been asked before!!)

Hoppi!

No voice chat in any of them, unfortunately... and chat in PSP sucks from what I hear.
    PSZ has a picto-chat option, which is somewhat better.

It sounds like you're looking for PSP:2. It's more like PSU.

PSZ is hardly anything like PSU... and plays significantly more like PSO.

Picto chat is awesome. I usually draw a penis to tell people to fuck off....
    Yeah.....

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppimike View Post
    Hiya! Sorry if these have come up before, sometimes it just takes so long to search a whole forum for all your qs! hehe

I was wondering, I've never played PSP or PSZ before - do both or either of them have shops and rooms? I think I saw a video of someone's room in PSP - I love the rooms and shops in PSU, it's one of my favourite features!

Also do either have the main ship and planets like in PSU? Basically there is so much of PSU's like... extra sections that I loved, not just the actual combat - I probably spent more time just hanging out on the ship and stuff than actually playing!!

Erm, yeah I was just wondering, as I don't wanna be let down! hehe

And is there voice chat? That rules too!

(again sorry if this has all been asked before!!)

Hoppi!
    -Neither games have in-game player shops, but PSPo2 has rooms you can visit.

-Only PSPo2 has the 3 planets and a ship similar to the Guardians Colony called Clad 6. Unlike PSU, you cannot walk around much outside of missions except for exploring Clad 6. PSZ takes place on Coral/Earth.

-As far as voice chat, neither have them built into the game, but there's always voice chat clients to use externally. Both games have in-game text chat options, with PSZ you can have shortcuts you can draw alongside normal text, while PSPo2 having automatic chat options(like when you're below 10%hp, you can have your character automatically notify the party, etc) as well as the usual on-screen keyboard.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Ah ok I see! Yeah it's a shame about no shops or voice chat and that, but then I guess a 360 with a DVD drive is going to be up to more than a PSP with a UMD drive!

I'll have to check out Phantasy Star Portable 2 sometime though I think - thanks for the info guys! ^_^

also PSP2 don't have the ability to trade rares (>6*) with other people.
    in PSZ you could trade all you want.

And I prefer chatting with an outside application like voice chat on skype or text chat on msn for the portable phantasy stars

PSZ's pictochat is cool if you can draw, but you barely have any space to write, also some people just have unreadable handwriting, I am looking at you Z...
    Online play with this kind of communication requires friendcodes much like other Nintendo games.
    There is a find random party option but you cant use pictochat, can only use shortcuts the game made and cant trade anything with other players either, finding these parties is a pain and rarely seen.

PSP2's chat is just annoying, you don't have a button to space or backspace so you have to scroll all way to the bottom for that, also the mail system seems extremely delayed :s
    The auto-chat is a nice feature tho
    Finding an online party here is like PSO without lobbies just select one out of the list and join, you cannot join mid-mission tho

If you are a fan of the series you should check them both out for sure, I am sure you will be surprised