Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

be a newman vanguard or hunter is frustrating...
    i even have problems with gamega...and yes i abuse traps already...(abuse traps...sounds dirty XD)

my bigest problems are: too less traps, i have to use the normal ones too,
    i "waste" them in this order: confuse, burn, freeze, ex stun, ex burn
    2. prob is: using mates while have a trap equip is...annoying and slow...so i often dies...

what is better? a neutral twin saber with blade destruction, or light twin daggers with that one jumpy PA?

BD do more damage,
    but with the dagger pa i'm far harder to hit

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

If you wanna be a Newman I would first say get a female, they are way better then the males due to higher Evasion and Tech. I'm playing a lv133 Female Newman Vanguard atm and I'm at a point that alot of enemies just can't hit me at all. Offline I can easly go up to 160 enemies without worrrying about getting hit to much.

What I'd recommend is using 1 or 2 Feril/Legs (Fight for Food S clear box is easiest to find them) and get armors with high Evasion. Might also raise RA a few levels for Eva boost skill. Get a T-mag/Wand for Deband and Resta and try keep Deband up all the time, that's your best friend since it boosts evasion.

If you can, play Stolen Weapon on S, the clear box can hold a Rabol Vijeri which is easy enough to farm (lv125 enemies on S rank) and has 403 def and 212 Evasion, only downside is that it's only. Try to get some weapons that boost Evasion as well, every bit helps.

I would also like to add, for Mirage Blast, use Landslide Impact, it does major damage and since female newmans have highest Tech they do most damage with it, I've just hit for 9656 on a Magas Maggahna with it, and I can go much higher. Might also consider getting Mighty Haven, if you get hit alot in the beginning your blast gauge fills very fast, and the Light one enables everyone in your party to fill their Blast Gauges faster and it also boosts PP recovery rate.

Hope this will help you out.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Females actually have lower evasion than males in PSPo2. In PSU and PSP females had higher EVP but not this time, unfortunately.

-Wayu

Males have around 5% more HP, ATK, DEF and EVA.
    Females have around 5% more ACC, TEC and MND. They also have a larger PP pool and thus regenerate more PP per second than males. a 200/va30 male newman has like 650 eva a female has 619 eva a male beast has 648 female 618 eva

http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/psp2...2BFE382B9.html even though its in japanese if you have google translator it works lol. stat chart ftw

Also Ce'n he hasn't been through the hell I put everyone through when I'm party leader lol.
    Last edited by Altoh; Dec 12, 2010 at 09:10 AM.

Here's a tip. Equip a slicer+shield. It let's you do an average of 100 per hit (since you're a hunter) but while keeping the R button pressed you can keep spamming shots almost as fast as a rifle. Essentially it's a safe alternative to close-quarters combat. Also, since you're guarding every second, you have a chance of perfect blocking attacks and dealing a bit of reflect damage. You can also actually do decent group damage since the shots are penetrating and the PAs are good. Definitely give it a try, it can keep you going through those tough mobs.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I thought Female had the higher evp as well, oh well doesnt matter that much.

Well Altoh, if he hasnt been thourgh the hell i've been through, and he has a hard time already, i can only imagine how it would go if he did XD.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Seriously, use Daggers... They prevent counterattacks...
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...

Breaker of Boundaries

my suggestion would to be use evasive armor, shizuru's Daggers, 4 feri legs. and keep DeBand up the whole time so you have as much evp as possible.

Hunters get penalized on EVP, so while stacking Leg units would still work due to Newman's bonus in EVP, you're probably better off learning to properly timing blocks & dodges.

Even though Newmans get low ATP, Hunters get a significant boost in ATP, so you could use slow, heavy hitting weapons along with fast, chain building weapons. But if there is another heavy hitter (Beast or Cast) in your party who can deal bigger damage, just stick with chain building.

IMHO, a Newman Hunter should be treated like a Newman Vanguard, with exception that your focus is more on melee offense rather on all-around stats with godly EVP & EX-Trap.

To be perfectly honest though, if you're gonna melee with Newman... I say Vanguard is probably a better bet.

Guess I better offer up some tips on this, seeing as my main is a lvl 106 Newman Female Hunter.

Skill setup I use:
    HP Boost
    Damage Resist
    Assist Advance
    DEF Boost
    HP Restore Rate
    Freeze Protect

Armor and slots:
    Gera-senba (I know it's doesn't have the best EVA, but it's the best I have so far)
    Solid/Legs x3
    Levee Impact

Use weapons that offer decent/high ACC.
    Shifta is your friend.
    Hit some enemies a few times, let your allies finish them off.
    Tenora Works armors offer the best EVA overall.
    Dodge/Block often.
    Don't be afraid to run away when you absolutely have to.
    Best to not stay in the center of a mob rampage.

Sure, what everyone has said about Vanguard would be better for you for the high EVA, but I chose Hunter for it's charms and the godly weapons like Gudda Las Leords. This is all I can offer as some sort of advice as a Newman Hunter, but it worked out well for me, although, I drain more mates than most others I've played with.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Gemaga is hell of a sorts if you don't stock up on all 3 mates, and Double Sabers are the best way to do it effectively. Sure, knockback is rather frowned upon, but it saved me HUnewearl plenty of times with that method.
    Last edited by blace; Dec 14, 2010 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention this little tidbit.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.