Thread: Newman Hunter

Default Newman Hunter

I know most of you say that Newmans are very weak but is it possible to make a newman hunter that will excel by spamming pp attacks? Also if i were to do this, what types of melee weapons should i use?
    PS0: 1462-6752-9093

The Two-Tailed Fox boy Fox2Tails's Avatar

If it weren't possible then ST wouldn't of made it possible to be one in the first place

Credit to MissMalice

You will never excel at anything if all you do is spam PAs. Do what everyone else does and build chains, things die faster that way.
    PSP2i: Merydia - Lvl 60 F Newman VA/BR | Lithium - Lvl 7x F Cast HU

Well clearly he's not planning on substituting normal attacks with PA attacks. But having high PP and a faster restore rate means that you definitely can use PAs more often. You should look at spears. They will help you keep a distance (since you're frail) and boost your EVA stat. Also, spear PAs can be very powerful even after one 3-attack combo (2x damage), so you can definitely "spam" them. You should carry a slicer with a shield so that you can attack more dangerous enemies from farther away. Slicers will also boost your EVA, you'll be able to build a quick chain (on multiple enemies) and hit with a PA at least twice.
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

I think Newmans benefit from Twin weapons (Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, Twin Daggers), due to the EVA boost and able to block off enemy attacks at the same time. In addition, your high ACC supports them to hit multiple times so that you actually can produce a high-number chain to eventually deal the damage you want to deal.

As with spears, a lot of spears in later levels don't grant EVA bonus anymore, so they are good at the beginning of the game, but are less effective for defensive purposes at later levels...
    Last edited by Blizz3112; Dec 12, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...